Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

At last I agree with Michael O'Leary about something ...

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
"Ryanair chief executive, Michael O’Leary, has labelled himself a ‘Neanderthal’ in an interview with The Times as he airs his views on working mothers and family life. O’Leary, a father of four, believes men should not be at the birth of their children, telling the paper: ‘Fathers who feign interest at that stage are making it up. We sow the seed, women have the babies and after that we provide.’"

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I reckon O'Leary is a great actor. His personal despicable behaviour is all a front to stop passengers from physically assaulting Ryanair staff as their defence is always "he makes us charge you €50 for printing your boarding pass" or whatever ridiculous charge they hit you with.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
"Ryanair chief executive, Michael O’Leary, has labelled himself a ‘Neanderthal’ in an interview with The Times as he airs his views on working mothers and family life. O’Leary, a father of four, believes men should not be at the birth of their children, telling the paper: ‘Fathers who feign interest at that stage are making it up. We sow the seed, women have the babies and after that we provide.’"

How old is he? 150?

What a stupid sexist c***.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He's clearly way, way beyond the point of caring what anyone thinks of him. Completely shameless. Capitalism at it's worst. Who's his hero? Shock horror - Margaret Thatcher.

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
He's clearly way, way beyond the point of caring what anyone thinks of him. Completely shameless. Capitalism at it's worst. Who's his hero? Shock horror - Margaret Thatcher.

Interesting take on it - especially the bit about capitalism at its worst. If anyone has helped open up the skies to the masses it is him - or do you think flying should only be affordable for the wealthy?

Can't say I would want to be friends with the man but I am very happy to take advantage of some very low fares when travelling into Europe - even if the process of getting the final price can be a bit balls aching!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Heard a story about hime a few years back, no idea if its true but in any case, it makes the point.

Michael O'Leary is entertaining some corporate guests at a hotel and goes to the bar for his round.
MO: "Four pints of larger"
Barman: "Ten euros please sir. Oh, and would you be wanting glasses with that?"

Classic ....

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester

On the contrary, he cares deeply about what people think of him. He wants people to hate him, despise him, get angry about him, hold him up as a comical capitalist caricature. Because the more people hate him, the more people talk about him, moan about him, make him the butt of jokes. And the more they do that the more the name of his company is emblazoned across peoples minds and the word "cheap" is associated with it. And the more that happens the more people buy Ryanair tickets because its the first name they think of when wanting to go somewhere cheaply, even if they end up spending more on the extras.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here