Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes v Blackburn Rovers

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How do you think he got on?

Personally I thought he had a decent enough game.
He certainly kept their defence on it's toes.

I'm really glad he scored, and you could almost see the sense relief not only from him but the rest of the team.

Was it a punch?

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
I don't care if he hit the woodwork five times and set up all twelve of our goals, it's still yet ANOTHER game without a goal. I wasn't there, but stats don't lie. Get rid.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't care if he hit the woodwork five times and set up all twelve of our goals, it's still yet ANOTHER game without a goal. I wasn't there, but stats don't lie. Get rid.
He definitely got a touch on number 9.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I had a look at the goal again, it was actually a storming 20 yard shot from Lita that was heading for the corner of the net, keeper beaten, when AB got his arrse in the way, deflected it onto their right back's head causing the ball to trickle over the line with the goalkeeper diving the wrong way.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
I had a look at the goal again, it was actually a storming 20 yard shot from Lita that was heading for the corner of the net, keeper beaten, when AB got his arrse in the way, deflected it onto their right back's head causing the ball to trickle over the line with the goalkeeper diving the wrong way.

Get GIF dude on the case he will show us exactly what happened

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I can't believe after last seasons 8 game ban for tripping the ref, he punched the ref this time.

Really takes the shine off a solid 7/10 performance where he worked hard, hit the post and set up two for Crofts.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Sounds like l've got a goal fest to look forward to tomorrow then, unless of course today is Sunday and l'm in a time warp.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I can't believe after last seasons 8 game ban for tripping the ref, he punched the ref this time.

Really takes the shine off a solid 7/10 performance where he worked hard, hit the post and set up two for Crofts.

Electric Naz ... from my home town. Come on you Swans!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I was pleasantly surprised how well D'urso refereed the game. He got every decision spot on and kept his cards in his pocket, a credit to his profession.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I've forgiven him for most things, but spontaneous combustion? That's just unprofessional.

drop dead fred

Mar 8, 2011
How do you think he got on?

Personally I thought he had a decent enough game.
He certainly kept their defence on it's toes.

I'm really glad he scored, and you could almost see the sense relief not only from him but the rest of the team.

Was it a punch?

What game was you watching ??

Lita started and scored a hat trick
Barnes was an unused sub

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
The blatant dive in our area, and subsequent sending off, whilst awarding Blackburn a third successive penalty was, for me, the final straw. Barnes Out!

Fountainhead

Jan 31, 2011
Herts
Now I've seen it all, D'Urso tripping Barnes when he was clean through, just to 'even things up' for his mate Nigel Miller.
And what about that Palace result? That's conceding a goal once every six minutes!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I thought the most surprising part was his apparent insistence on getting a hat-trick of overhead kicks.

Obviously it was just a formality anyway, but he could have had a few more otherwise.

Hugging the ref was a nice touch.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

My seat is at that end, and I don't think it was completely over the line. .... but about time we had some wrong decisions going our way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here