Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons to hate winter

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I haven't had a good ranting thread for a long time. So thought I'd start one. The battery on my phone is low though so I'd appreciate your assistance.

Reasons why I hate winter:

- It's dark all the time
- it takes twice as long to do anything due to putting on and taking off coats, etc.
- It's ridiculously hot in shops.
- Bonfire season (which I love) and Christmas (which is ok) are both at the start of winter, but after that it really drags.
- I love driving but the roads become busier, more dangerous and more congested.
- Everyone gets colds/flu all the time
- There aren't enough daylight hours to go mountaineering
- S.A.D.
- mud
- Pretty ladies seem to disappear
- Everyone is miserable
- Utilities prices go up

On the plus side, there's football!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
My school is far better than most (being SEN), they realise the kids need outdoor play, so a spot of rain doesn't necessarily mean indoor play, much like most primary schools.

My greatest dislike of winter is that initial blast of hot air when you enter a building/shop. I dislike artifical hot air, it makes me vomit. I've not turned up to a job interview before, as I've vomited in to my hand after having hot air thrown upon me.

People are pathetic when it comes to a bit of cold weather. We don't need a furnace to burn in each and every room. 20 degrees and then put some warm clothes on if you have to/want to venture outside.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Seasonally adjusted disorder
Raynauds syndrome
Wet socks
Shitty shitty wet shitty weather
Darkness
Everything dead
Lost glove
Shit.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I quite like the winter. There's football, Christmas, mud, wellies, cosy fires, scarves, chestnuts, jump racing, winter food, Bovril, The Six Nations and the odd temporary ice skating rink.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I quite like the winter. There's football, Christmas, mud, wellies, cosy fires, scarves, chestnuts, jump racing, winter food, Bovril, The Six Nations and the odd temporary ice skating rink.

Apart from football which, you might have noticed, is played better in warm countries where kids enjoy running about in shorts there is nothing on your list that is worth the shit of winter.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Apart from football which, you might have noticed, is played better in warm countries where kids enjoy running about in shorts there is nothing on your list that is worth the shit of winter.

Football isn't better played in warm countries. I loved playing football on extremely muddy pitches as a child. Coming home covered head to toe in mud after playing football in the pouring rain was brilliant.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Can't wear wellies. Not enough support around the ankles. Other than that i like winter walks. Less people about also.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Girls all covered up - no short skirts, cropped tops & cleavage about
SAD Seasonal Affected Disorder
Dog is ALWAYS wet after EVERY walk
Pesky leaves all around the garden constantly need picking up
Frost on the car windscreen
Transport comes to a stop with the first snow flake

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Me and my knee hate the cold, every winter my right knee just seizes and becomes very painful. Also frost and ice, thankfully Lincoln's fairly flat but Brighton was a nightmare.

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
In Norway they say that winter is the time for shagging. I agree with this. Also some good dark winter ale about. Football season in full swing. Cheer up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here