Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

poppy/BHA badge

Poppies are usually sold to raise funds for the work of the Royal British Legion. This offer seems to be a way of ensuring that the money raised goes only towards covering the costs of making the thing.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Poppies are usually sold to raise funds for the work of the Royal British Legion. This offer seems to be a way of ensuring that the money raised goes only towards covering the costs of making the thing.

Fear not, the Royal British Legion will happily collect donations toward the Poppy Appeal twelve months a year, not just for the fortnight prior to Remembrance Day.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Fear not, the Royal British Legion will happily collect donations toward the Poppy Appeal twelve months a year, not just for the fortnight prior to Remembrance Day.

I think Lord B was inferring that the RBL would not benefit from the sale of these badges.

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Don't understand why people would want one of these not only is it not giving money to RBL but what is the connection between a football club and the poppy appeal? Are people really that short of space on their lapels that they need to buy a combined badge?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The person selling them has over 2,500 feedback comments in the last month, so probably has sold at least twice as many of the badges. 6,000 x £2.50 = £15,000 in a month, and they probably cost 30 pence to make, so someone is raking it in, and it is not the Royal British Legion.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Still listed. Shirley there are two copyrighted items here? The Poppy will be copyrighted and pretty sure the Seagulls emblem will be.

It is not actually still listed, if you click buy it now it will come up that the seller is on holiday, which is what Ebay have done while they investigate. The seller has been quite smart in that they have made about 10%(dont quote that figure) charity listings with the RBL receiving 15% of the sale price, but the rest they pocket all of the money. If you look in the sellers shop and click completed listings they have sold thousands of badges etc in all manner of styles/football clubs/crosses.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/amanthumps1974/m.html?item=151156637851&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Whatever the rights and probable wrongs of this , its quite a good idea if respective clubs and the royal british legion worked together for something like this in years to come , i reckon they would sell really well up and down the country to football fans , i would buy one as ive probably purchased 5 so far that have all either fell apart or tried to stab me to death when i sit down.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Whatever the rights and probable wrongs of this , its quite a good idea if respective clubs and the royal british legion worked together for something like this in years to come , i reckon they would sell really well up and down the country to football fans , i would buy one as ive probably purchased 5 so far that have all either fell apart or tried to stab me to death when i sit down.

Very much this , if the money went to the right place and you could buy them from the club I'd snap up one in a heartbeat.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Very much this , if the money went to the right place and you could buy them from the club I'd snap up one in a heartbeat.

Agree with you here.
Must admit I have one of the fake badges but I bought it last year as I collect Albion pin badges, I would never wear this badge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here