Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion sick-notes

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Currently we have Hoskins (how long has he been with us? how many starts?) and Agustein.

Who were our other major sick-notes down the years?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Paul Kitson, he was a MAJOR disappointment as I was actually quite excited when we signed him.
Jason Dodd.
Mark Gall

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Not sure Hoskins fits my definition of a sicknote as he's had major injuries to deal with. A bit too early to call Agustien the same as well.

Vicente is more my idea of a sicknote - never badly crocked but continually deemed not quite fit to play. Then again he's the best player I've ever seen in the stripes, so I'll let him off.

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Paul Kitson, he was a MAJOR disappointment as I was actually quite excited when we signed him.
Jason Dodd.
Mark Gall

Jason Dodd - that's who I was trying to remember when thinking of other examples. Got him mixed up with John Humphrey for some reason.

Loved Mark Gall, shame injury got in the way. As a kid, I remember going loudly mental, surrounded by home fans, when he scored the winner at St James (in Keegan's first home game I think). In response, a Newcastle fan behind me took the Albion baseball cap off my head, gobbed in it and put it back.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Pure coincidence, just seen this in the Argus online:
"Hoskins has only started six Championship matches in two and a bit seasons with Albion"

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hoskins is a bit harsh, thats not really 'sick note' is it

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Had a very poor injury record before he joined us I heard.

Where did you hear that, prey tell? As far as I'm aware he only had one injury that took him out for a small period, which he returned from in the away game vs us when he scored one of the best braces I've ever seen..

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Jason Dodd - that's who I was trying to remember when thinking of other examples. Got him mixed up with John Humphrey for some reason.

Loved Mark Gall, shame injury got in the way. As a kid, I remember going loudly mental, surrounded by home fans, when he scored the winner at St James (in Keegan's first home game I think). In response, a Newcastle fan behind me took the Albion baseball cap off my head, gobbed in it and put it back.

Mark G did not play in KK's 1st home game at Newcastle, he played for us a few years later. :thumbsup:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Mark G did not play in KK's 1st home game at Newcastle, he played for us a few years later. :thumbsup:

Kevin Keegan was appointed manager at Newcastle on Feb 5 1992. Mark Gall scored the winner at St James' Park on March 7 1992. It wasn't Keegan's first home game, but it was within a month of his appointment.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Dean Blackwell and Simon Rodger.

Very harsh on Simon Rodger who ruptured a cruciate ligament playing for us and was forced to retire, defiantly not a sick note as he was pretty regular under Coppell until the injury. If memory serves me right he never played for us again after the injury.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Very harsh on Simon Rodger who ruptured a cruciate ligament playing for us and was forced to retire, defiantly not a sick note as he was pretty regular under Coppell until the injury. If memory serves me right he never played for us again after the injury.

It was the same with Dean Blackwell.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I never had him down as a sick note, but Adam Hinshelwood has been the unluckiest player in terms of injuries in my fairly short Albion-supporting memory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here