Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lots of smoke west of Newhaven

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Anyone know what is burning? There has been a big plume of smoke for almost an hour now.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is it the house on the corner which has been empty and derelict for about 30 odd years ?

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Oh yes, a very odd looking house. Pretty sure there were inhabitants of some description a few years ago.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Persons reported trapped, but it is on the corner - doesnt look like it has been derelict long.

It has been empty for years , I was only saying to the missus while we were back home in August visiting family and went past it on the bus that it was an ideal location with a beautiful view for a developer to build a £1.5M property on the plot.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
It has been empty for years , I was only saying to the missus while we were back home in August visiting family and went past it on the bus that it was an ideal location with a beautiful view for a developer to build a £1.5M property on the plot.

Rather ironic that the plot will now fully be available then isnt it !!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Developer = Flats

Always thought it a shame when they demolished that lovely house near this blaze and yep built flats.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
A259 fully closed now and the A27 is jammed due to a crash at Falmer - not a good night !!

Fire service having problems putting the fire out due to low water pressure in Saltdean, water tanks being sent from across Sussex !! The house isnt that big either.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A259 fully closed now and the A27 is jammed due to a crash at Falmer - not a good night !!

Fire service having problems putting the fire out due to low water pressure in Saltdean, water tanks being sent from across Sussex !! The house isnt that big either.

Around the other side of the house is another addition which was even more dilapidated

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Around the other side of the house is another addition which was even more dilapidated

Developers are very excited this evening, unlike Sussex commuters.

With the A259 closed, the A27 is gridlocked between Brighton and Eastbourne along with surrounding roads, no link between the 2 except trains which are going to be PACKED.

Brighton and Hove Buses about to suspend all services past Rottingdean, possibly everything East of the Marina too due to traffic.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So this fire could be "convenient" for someone

If it was derelict, I can't see how it could be any more convenient, will cost as much to clear up before building again, as it would to have demolished it and built something new.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If it was derelict, I can't see how it could be any more convenient, will cost as much to clear up before building again, as it would to have demolished it and built something new.

Got a feeling whoever owned the house died and they haven't been able to trace any relatives in which case means HM Treasury is waiting for 30 years to elapse before any assets belong to the state.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here