Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal Blood - NEW MUSIC (for fans of QOTSA, early Muse, Nirvana, Rage Against The Machine)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Some mates of mine are in a quality band that are starting to go places. Drummer is a hardcore BHA fan, STH sitting in WSU with me.

Well worth a listen if you're into the bands in the thread title.

2 singles so far, and an album is on the way. They have some good management behind them and Zane Lowe is going crazy over even their B side.

This is the single Out of the Black.

https://soundcloud.com/royalbloodband/come-on-over
This is a link to the B-side, which has a MONSTROUS riff.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Love it. Could be big.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Royal Blood - NEW MUSIC (for fans of QOTSA, early Muse, Nirvana, Rage Against...

Excellent loved it

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East
Good shout, thanks - have purchased for a listen on the way home from work!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What I've heard of the album is quality too.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Announced as one of 4 supports for the Arctic Monkeys' Finsbury Park dates. Very happy for the lads, deserve it.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Very derivative. Similar to bands from circa 95 like Bush who, although they could produce riffs, and sounded kind of like something you think you should like and you kind of do cos there's nothing really that wrong with them, just don't have the soul, originality or charisma to really go anywhere. Nirvana? RATM? Come on, even them being your mates, you can't really believe that? It's not bad but don't predict a future for them.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Very derivative. Similar to bands from circa 95 like Bush who, although they could produce riffs, and sounded kind of like something you think you should like and you kind of do cos there's nothing really that wrong with them, just don't have the soul, originality or charisma to really go anywhere. Nirvana? RATM? Come on, even them being your mates, you can't really believe that? It's not bad but don't predict a future for them.

Good to see you're not basing your opinion of them on just one song. :cool:

Do they wear their influences on their sleeve? Yes. Does that make them "bad" music? No. I'm not saying they are AS GOOD AS Nirvana or RATM, but that people who like that sort of music will probably like this, a statement which has been overwhelmingly true so far.

p.s. I've heard most of the songs that'll make up the debut album and this is one of the weaker ones on it, IMO.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Good to see you're not basing your opinion of them on just one song. :cool:

Do they wear their influences on their sleeve? Yes. Does that make them "bad" music? No.

p.s. I've heard most of the songs that'll make up the debut album and this is one of the weaker ones on it, IMO.

I listened to the other song too. Sorry, don't rate them. Good on them for having a go though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I listened to the other song too. Sorry, don't rate them. Good on them for having a go though.

Re: having a future, it's looking pretty certain that you will hear them a LOT more on Radio 1 etc over the coming year or so. I hope they grow on you, otherwise you might get quite bored of them.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Re: having a future, it's looking pretty certain that you will hear them a LOT more on Radio 1 etc over the coming year or so. I hope they grow on you, otherwise you might get quite bored of them.

I doubt I would recognise them even if I heard them.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Announced as one of 4 supports for the Arctic Monkeys' Finsbury Park dates. Very happy for the lads, deserve it.

I'll be seeing them then! Not really my kind of music or really similar to AM, Miles Kane and Tame Impala who are also playing. But I'll see them nonetheless.

Leicester Seagull

Oct 24, 2009
Can confirm that these guys are not only great live, but also nice chaps. I work as a sound engineer at a small venue in Leicester, and they played here not long ago. Another good band from Brighton who came through recently was The Physics House Band. A lot more proggy than Royal Blood but equally enjoyable!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Some mates of mine are in a quality band that are starting to go places. Drummer is a hardcore BHA fan, STH sitting in WSU with me.

Well worth a listen if you're into the bands in the thread title.

2 singles so far, and an album is on the way. They have some good management behind them and Zane Lowe is going crazy over even their B side.

This is the single Out of the Black.

https://soundcloud.com/royalbloodband/come-on-over
This is a link to the B-side, which has a MONSTROUS riff.

Feck me,... how can a guy who knows nothing about strikers have such good taste in music..... :smokin:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here