Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Radio 5Live... McCoy obsession ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Getting fed up with 5Live cutting away to every race McCoy is in, I don't get the fuss, we don't keep cutting to people like Jim Philipps, Bricklayer.. who is about to lay his 100,000th brick, or Cynthis Harris, Midwife.. we are going live to be there for her 1,000th birth. Madness

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well he's done it now so that'll largely be that. Good that racing has got some positive coverage for a change.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Getting fed up with 5Live cutting away to every race McCoy is in, I don't get the fuss, we don't keep cutting to people like Jim Philipps, Bricklayer.. who is about to lay his 100,000th brick, or Cynthis Harris, Midwife.. we are going live to be there for her 1,000th birth. Madness

I hung my 3000th door on Monday. Had quite a crowd of the lads around me as I chopped in the keep and then finally pinned on the stops. Quite emotional moment really when one of the brickies started crying.

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
I often wonder who it is that follows horse racing. I love virtually any sport you put in front of me but I hate horse racing and none of my friends like it...

Who are these people? and what else do they like?

Somebody draw me the Venn diagram please :p

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Dull

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I often wonder who it is that follows horse racing. I love virtually any sport you put in front of me but I hate horse racing and none of my friends like it...

Who are these people? and what else do they like?

Somebody draw me the Venn diagram please :p

I would suppose that people who bet enjoy horse racing. Remove betting and the sport disappears.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I would suppose that people who bet enjoy horse racing. Remove betting and the sport disappears.

Indeed, it is a very odd sport that is pretty much entirely based around gambling, are there people that go to races to enjoy it rather than try and win money?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Indeed, it is a very odd sport that is pretty much entirely based around gambling, are there people that go to races to enjoy it rather than try and win money?

Perhaps there are? All the people I know who've been only talk about how much they lost/won.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

I'll watch the big flat races even if I have not bet on them but I wouldn't watch National Hunt racing whatever.

Jul 7, 2003

I enjoy horse racing (jumps only though - not flat racing) and although if I am on course I may have a small bet, I often watch the racing on TV without any financial interest. I also go racing at Plumpton with a mate who very rarely has a bet but enjoys the sport and the atmosphere.

With regard to McCoy, it is an exceptional achievement when you consider that the jockey with the second most wins in history is about 1500 behind. It's a bit of a cliche but this is one of the few jobs where you are followed by an ambulance and if you look at the injuries most jockeys pick up, it is amazing that he has been so successful for so long.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
This was a massive achievement, 4000 winners, a top jockey for about 22 years. It will be a hard record to beat, if ever.
So wev'e had a day or two of following this achievement amongst hours about Fergie, Hart being dropped, Mourinio, Arsene etc. Surely Talksport is about sport, this achievement was worth a bit of time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here