Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done AP McCoy

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Brilliant jockey and he's a nice bloke. It hasn't taken him long to get here from 3000 winners.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He is only 39, what chance him going onto get 5000??? I wouldn't rule it out if the desire was there. Only injuries would stop it happening I think.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Lester Piggott only managed 4,493 winners during his career

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The jockey you most want in a battle to the line. Well done McCoy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Which ever record was broken at Fontwell, im going to say Francome although it could have been S'more, I was there.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Does he want to keep flogging himself round gaff tracks chasing winners or sit in retirement and enjoy life with his family ?

Only the man himself can answer that one Ernest. But you know what these people are like. Two weeks in the sun playing golf and they are bored shitless. I wouldn't imagine he needs a pound. What else is he going to do, it's all he probably knows.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The jockey you most want in a battle to the line. Well done McCoy.

Not sure about that, Ruby would be my choice. I am not putting down what McCoy has achieved, but I reckon 50% of his winners have been odds on shots for Pipe and O'Neill and bread and butter meets like today's. But that's fair play to the man for doing it, you only get to ride the best by being the best and McCoy has been the best for the last twenty years. Is he better than Ruby today, that's debatable.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not sure about that, Ruby would be my choice. I am not putting down what McCoy has achieved, but I reckon 50% of his winners have been odds on shots for Pipe and O'Neill and bread and butter meets like today's. But that's fair play to the man for doing it, you only get to ride the best by being the best and McCoy has been the best for the last twenty years. Is he better than Ruby today, that's debatable.
You are entitled to your opinion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Which ever record was broken at Fontwell, im going to say Francome although it could have been S'more, I was there.
In 1984 John Francome rode his 1,036th career winner at Fontwell Park, passing Stan Mellor's record for a National Hunt jockey - Francome's record has subsequently been beaten.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
McCoy won the Champion Hurdle, Gold Cup, Grand National, 4000 winners , think it is fair to say he is the greatest jockey ever

Ruby Walsh has won all of the above on multiple occasions. Is the all time leading jockey at the Cheltenham Festival and is every inch as good as McCoy.....Please note I am in no way putting down McCoys fantastic achievement in anyway shape or form. Without going into great detai,l I would guess he has probably had twice as many rides as Walsh....In truth there's not a fag paper between them, but i'd rather be on Ruby in a driving finish up the hill come the second week in March. But then I'd probably rather be on AP in a photo at Newton Abbot and a Monday afternoon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here