Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rodriguez and Lallana in England squad

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster, Joe Hart, John Ruddy.

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Kieran Gibbs, Phil Jagielka, Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Kyle Walker.

Midfielders: Ross Barkley, Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Steven Gerrard, Jordan Henderson, Adam Lallana, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Andros Townsend, Jack Wilshere.

Forwards: Jermain Defoe, Rickie Lambert, Jay Rodriguez, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Daniel Welbeck.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Not convinced by Rodriguez but Lallana is quality, definitely deserves a shot. Good on Woy for giving some form players a shot instead of just the same old same old names.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Good on Woy for giving some form players a shot instead of just the same old same old names.

Agreed, although if it is even remotely unsuccessful in any way the front page of the Sun etc should be interesting

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Expected to see that Berhaino (sp?) kiddie in there and possibly Ravel Morrison. Rodriguez is a bit of a strange one but Lallana definitely deserves a stab.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Lallana definately deserves a shout... how many remember about 6 years ago soemone touting Lallana on here to come to Brighton as he was supposedly going to be released by the Saints. Seem to remember we were quite scathing. Wish wed got him now.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Ruddy lets in 7 then gets a call up. I wouldn't normally care but I'm still reeling from him being in my FF team and getting me -4 this week.
Hart, dropped by City.
Let the Forster start.

Just thought, who are England playing?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Lallana deserves his chance, however its another winger added to the long list of Wingers we have already, Milner is in there again, I know he does it for Roy, but really! he will make his usual late sub apperences and thats it, we will not find out anything new.

Will Hart be dropped? I personally hope not, the media in this country will be out to ruin him before the world cup and I dont believe we have any better as back up.

Its a shame Caulker hasnt been given a chance, I really think he deserves one and should be in the squad ahead of either smalling, Jones or one of the three left backs IMO.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
That's great news, should have called up Clyne as well- who else do we have in that position coming through at the moment? We are a bit limited there and he would be worth a go.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
That's great news, should have called up Clyne as well- who else do we have in that position coming through at the moment? We are a bit limited there and he would be worth a go.

Walker, jones, smalling, Richards are not old (and g Johnson).

Right back is the least of our worries, albeit walker has been awful for 9-10 months.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Ruddy lets in 7 then gets a call up. I wouldn't normally care but I'm still reeling from him being in my FF team and getting me -4 this week.
Hart, dropped by City.
Let the Forster start.

Just thought, who are England playing?

Not sure if I'm about to be 'whooooshed' but it's for the upcoming friendlies against Germany and Chile

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Expected to see that Berhaino (sp?) kiddie in there and possibly Ravel Morrison. Rodriguez is a bit of a strange one but Lallana definitely deserves a stab.

Roy considered Berahino in the full squad but opted to leave him out, it's encouraging to see a manager looking as these types of players.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Lallana has earnt a shot, personally not sure about Rodriguez but I think a willingness to experiment with the squad is something that should be applauded regardless, so fair play to the manager.

Wouldn't mind seeing Morrison or Caulker getting a call up soon, two more that're worth a crack.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Roy considered Berahino in the full squad but opted to leave him out, it's encouraging to see a manager looking as these types of players.

I would have loved to have seen Berahino in this squad. I think everyone knows what Cleverley is about. He just either passes the ball sideways or losses it. I wouldn't trust Cleverley to run a bath let alone the England midfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here