Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone replaced their kindle?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It looks as though my kindle is dying...It's only over a year old but the screen is half in shade and half not....anyway, if you buy a new one, do I take it that the books I have purchased will be auto populated into the new kindle when I register it with the same amazon account details?

Ta

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Yep, I think kindles are designed to last about 15 months.

Easy to get your books on the new one

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Cool. Cheers guys

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Phone Amazon - say you've always looked after it and it's suddenly broken. Throw in a sob story about needing it for an upcoming stay in hospital if you want.

They'll almost certainly just send you a new one and then ask you send the old one back.

I speak from experience.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
15 months!! That's shocking.

I would check that they are in cloud if I were you - I know people whose Kindle's broke and they had to pay for everything again.

PS. Printed books do not die :kiss:

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
If you register the new one to the old account and card you will still have access to everything you have bought - not just from Amazon too. Interesting about the limited life though. They don't advertise that!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yep, I think kindles are designed to last about 15 months.

Easy to get your books on the new one

So I can look forward to last years Xmas pressie dying in about March next year then :down:

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Phone Amazon - say you've always looked after it and it's suddenly broken. Throw in a sob story about needing it for an upcoming stay in hospital if you want.

They'll almost certainly just send you a new one and then ask you send the old one back.

I speak from experience.
Have to agree, has happened twice to me, once mine and once my daughter's. Both times they shipped new one straight away and I received the following day.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
If you register the new one to the old account and card you will still have access to everything you have bought - not just from Amazon too. Interesting about the limited life though. They don't advertise that!

My Kindle has been going strong for nearly 3 years, might just be luck of the draw.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Mine's nearly three years old but the sleep switch is beginning to get a bit dodgy.

I've had two where the screens died on me. The first they replaced for free as it was within the guarantee period, the second was outside but they gave me a big discount off a new one.

Now the third screen is starting to go!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Mine might died when I sat on it and cracked something behind the screen. Maybe. Possibly.

Amazon's customer service is incredible though - I'll be amazed if they don't just swap the devices out.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I bought mine 14 months ago :ohmy:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Mine might died when I sat on it and cracked something behind the screen. Maybe. Possibly.

Amazon's customer service is incredible though - I'll be amazed if they don't just swap the devices out.

Just phoned them and they have agreed to replace without charge even as it's out of warranty...bloody hell that is brilliant customer services. And she sounded very nice indeed!

Thanks bozza would never have thought to ring em

:rock:

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
My kindle fire i got last xmas stopped charging so rang them and they were very helpfull and replaced it with no fuss at all ,they had quite a few complaints with the same problem something to do with the motherboard getting out of sync when using a different charger not supplied with the Kindle .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here