Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this the future of city travel?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Please be the monorail to the Amex please be a monorail to the Amex ple.... OH FFS A stupid bike wheel!!

Actually that is very VERY clever!

Back in the mid nineties, I was involved in a trial of a fly-wheel powered tram, in New Road, Brighton. It didn't work.

But the bike looks like it could be a promising project. What's the cost likely to be?

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Please be the monorail to the Amex please be a monorail to the Amex ple.... OH FFS A stupid bike wheel!!

Actually that is very VERY clever!

What, one like this?

Attachments

• DSC_2315.jpg
    DSC_2315.jpg
    537.9 KB · Views: 171

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seems to me if presenter wasn't wearing flapping flares and wide-lapelled seventies jacket out of Oxfam he'd may well reach a top speed of 25mph rather than 20mph. Bit worried also about how all the fatties would lug the bugger up the stairs to WSU.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Back in the mid nineties, I was involved in a trial of a fly-wheel powered tram, in New Road, Brighton. It didn't work.

But the bike looks like it could be a promising project. What's the cost likely to be?

The first batch have sold out at $550 each.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Seems to me if presenter wasn't wearing flapping flares and wide-lapelled seventies jacket out of Oxfam he'd may well reach a top speed of 25mph rather than 20mph. Bit worried also about how all the fatties would lug the bugger up the stairs to WSU.

The wheel only weighs 4kg which is very light, and the beauty of this system is everything is contained in the wheel.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Fair enough, but you've not addressed any of my valid concerns.

Yes, but it's simple if he wants to go faster all he has to do is increase the speed using his mobile phone. And the fatties only need to ask a steward to help :thumbsup:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Smart technology, green travel, finance that doesn't rely on the banks ! Seems like a lot of good things going on there, with lots of added value. Not sure about the smartphone sticky pad though.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Very good. Although I can't see it adds that much to the normal bike experience. Once you get past the iphone aspect, which I don't think adds much practicality there's not much different about it.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
$550 and the battery only lasts for 1000 charges! How much is a battery?
1 cog so it won't fit most bikes like it says because most bikes have 10+ gears so the chain will need changing, so more cost.
If you are a fattie then you should ride without assistance and lose weight! :thumbsup:

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
$550 and the battery only lasts for 1000 charges! How much is a battery?
1 cog so it won't fit most bikes like it says because most bikes have 10+ gears so the chain will need changing, so more cost.
If you are a fattie then you should ride without assistance and lose weight! :thumbsup:
If it was charged once every day it would last 2 years and 270 days. Gotta be cheaper then catching the bus!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the future of city travel is bicycle? i think its been tried already.

not knocking its smart engineering, but hardly revolutionary to have a battery powered bike, been done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here