Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly on the March for Albion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Solly on the March for Albion[/h]3:00pm Wednesday 6th November 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2565506.jpg
Opportunity knocks for Solly March
**Albion have turned to youth on several occasions already this season, with Oscar Garcia's resources ravaged by injuries.

* Jake Forster-Caskey, Rohan Ince and Vitalijs Maksimenko have all started matches for the Seagulls.

* Now, with the casualty list mounting, Solly March has an opportunity for more game time.

* The gifted teenager will probably not start against Blackburn Rovers at The Amex on Saturday.

* The Seagulls are more likely to compensate for the loss of the hamstrung Will Buckley by deploying David Lopez wide on the right.

* Oscar's fellow Spaniard, not a natural winger, has been used in that role before but there is a good chance that March will, at some stage, get more minutes than he has managed so far at The Amex.

* March has been a regular on the bench for the first team since an eyecatching strike from 25 yards in the Seagulls' closing pre-season friendly at home to Norwich in August.

* That spectacular goal, cutting in from the right flank onto his favoured left foot, emphasised March's versatility.

* His long-term future is probably as an attacking central midfielder, a position he normally occupies for the development team.

* The 19-year-old did that job for 45 minutes against Cardiff at Lancing on Monday evening before he was substituted.

* March was not injured. The half-an-outing was pre-planned, which suggests he could have a part to play against Blackburn.
* Oscar's assistant Nathan Jones, who was at Lancing on Monday night to watch Albion's next generation, said: "If I was a young player at the club I would be thinking if I train well and graft I might get a chance here, because of the depletion of the squad.

* "Jake has done fantastically well, Rohan has done really well when he has been involved as well. They are in and around it. It's up to them to stake a claim."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here