Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daily Express - Coldest Winter in decades on way (Sic)

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Anyone else receive this sponsored moronic tweet ?

Two Facts for you

1 NSC beats the Express hands down for weather forecasting.
2 NSC is a football message board and The Express IS a comic

Basically a tweet pointing to one of their top news stories.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/44...-taste-of-a-paralysing-winter-as-snow-hits-UK

First a major shock The Express has discovered centigrade, a sure sign of progress.

but then we get into the story line. Apparently it snowed yesterday in Northern Britain in November. This of course could mean a bad winter is on the way, but the Express has an expert on hand to back this up.

Jonathan Powell, forecaster for Vantage Weather Services, said: “We are looking at a potentially paralysing winter, the worst for decades, which could at times grind the nation to a halt.”

So let's take a look at the Vantage website shall we, these guys seem to know something about the weather.

http://vantageweatherservices.co.uk/ Whoops that looks a bit noddy. Hang on let's check the long range weather forecast, no nothing unusual there, or indeed anything to suggest a bad winter is on the way.

What else can we find out about Vantage ?

http://www.theguardian.com/environm...aily-express-weather-forecast-jonathan-powell

So not the first time they have tried this "trick"

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
In September the Express were warning us about a severe cold snap in October, in October they were warning us about a severe cold snap for November, and now in November they are warning about a severe cold snap this WINTER. **** sake.

Every time I see an Express article it makes me want to hurt someone.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
There has been some significant snowfall in scotland, but thats not unusual for this time of year

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This was consigned to print in the form of a Saturday splash a few days before we seem to have had the wettest and windiest October on record . The Express only has 4 "root " headlines on Saturdays.

1, Extremes of weather

2, Princess Diana : Murdered ?

3, EU madness/ diabolical new laws from Brussels

4, Anything that can be regarded as an attack on "Middle England "

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I love how the tag-line on their adverts is "10p cheaper than The Daily Mail", so what they're actually saying is "we print the same old shit but you're wasting 10p less".

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope you all have a set of winter tyres :smile:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I have not had to scrape ice from my windscreen at all since the summer. This October/Novemebr feels like one of the warmest in years. Express is a joke comic that deliberately produces shock tactic headlines.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Can't argue with "The World's Greatest Newspaper" can you?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I love how the tag-line on their adverts is "10p cheaper than The Daily Mail", so what they're actually saying is "we print the same old shit but you're wasting 10p less".

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This was consigned to print in the form of a Saturday splash a few days before we seem to have had the wettest and windiest October on record . The Express only has 4 "root " headlines on Saturdays.

1, Extremes of weather

2, Princess Diana : Murdered ?

3, EU madness/ diabolical new laws from Brussels

4, Anything that can be regarded as an attack on "Middle England "
5, Mortgages.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Every autumn, the Daily Excess seems to predict a bitterly cold Siberian winter :shrug:

Still, it makes a change from its usual Mail-like sensationalist headlines about asylum seekers, the EU and rising house prices :rolleyes:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The perfect storm for the Express would be 'Boffin searching for arthritis cure in a 10 foot snowdrift, finds Princess Diana, being held captive by east European illegal immigrants, burning our tax £10 notes to keep warm'.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
7. Taking half an aspirin daily makes you immortal/causes you to die in agony.
Sorry, not usually front page.That's usually a little way in on the page for " Amazing simple Test/Cure for Arthritis/Alzhiemers/Breast Cancer/Prostrate Cancer/Diabetes could save the NHS Millions ! "

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009

Love it ! Thanks for the chuckle !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here