Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shocked !!! New Training Facility

aliakbanrafsanjali

Dec 29, 2012
I popped over to visit my parents in Lancing at the weekend and my Dad said drive around Barfield park on my way home and look at what has been put up to surround the new Albion training complex.
They have fitted a huge fence around the site that towers above the bungalows! Now as a local resident I was in favour of this proposal but am now feeling a little guilty for supporting it due to the impact on these poor residents, they have gone from backing on to open fields to beeing over shadowed by this huge fence!
Me, my dad and my son are all season ticket holders and die hard Albion fans. But I am just putting it out there, that I feel a bit guilty! Also we see BHA snappy's pics of how the building progress is going inside (which looks great) but not what the impact is on the residents surrounding it!

albionite

May 20, 2009
Not sure what the problem is, all building sites put big fences up. Keeps the kids out.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
How big is huge? is it boarding or close board with arris rails? A lot of New developments are surrounded by structures whilst building goes on.. and then removed

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Are you talking about the perfectly legal, six foot high wooden fence that most of us have in our back gardens, that appears to mark the boundary around most of the site?

attachment.php

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Not that small, but very permanent, but also requested in the planning discussions, because the residents wanted protection from noise, light and Ashley Barnes's shooting..

P1090288.JPG

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
In my opinion they should put a bloody big fence all the way around Lancing.

lol. I understand them wanting to keep the Mash Barn Estate lot out - all the balls and cones would be nicked, and empty Lambert and Butler fag packets everywhere.

Saying that, training time clashes with Jeremy Kyle so wouldn't be an issue.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Improves the area I'd have thought :wink:

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Looks to me like it's a standard 2m high close boarded fence with a mesh fence above, giving the neighbouring properties protection from noise and stray balls.

Any fence over 2m high needs to be given planning consent and I would imagine that the specific design of the fence was a pre-commencement condition that has to be approved before any work is undertaken. The height of the fences must have been on the original application drawings and given that all neighbouring land owners have the opportunity to raise concerns/issues with the application, they had their opportunity to comment on the fence before consent was given.

It's been approved through a legal process and constructed in accordance with the approved details. it won't be changed unless the Albion want to change it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here