Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Internet streams - TV.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Wanted to know if there is anyone on here who knows if it's possible and if so then how.

I've been disconnected from sky and skyHD as decided I can't afford the service no ( £75 a month ) longer but desperately want to watch the Ashes which start this month but really don't want to sit up watching it via my Laptop or PC.

The question I ask is is there anyway I can watch it on the TV via my internet. What cables would one need if it's possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Wanted to know if there is anyone on here who knows if it's possible and if so then how.

I've been disconnected from sky and skyHD as decided I can't afford the service no ( £75 a month ) longer but desperately want to watch the Ashes which start this month but really don't want to sit up watching it via my Laptop or PC.

The question I ask is is there anyway I can watch it on the TV via my internet. What cables would one need if it's possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

If you are wiring it then it'll depends what input/output you have on your computer and TV. Ideally you'll have HDMI output on your computer so all you'll need is a HDMI cable (assuming you have a modern-ish TV). If you've got DVI/ThunderBolt/VGA out then I'm pretty sure you can get cables to covert this to HDMI.

I do it wirelessly with an Apple TV but I'm on a Mac. There is a bit of software called AirParrot which allows a PC to do similar. But obviously you need an Apple TV (think they are about £100 last time I looked).

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
SMART TV BOX, MX2, 4.2.2 for around £80.00

internet,tv channels including movies,sports,adults. loads of apps and you can also add your own.

No monthly subscriptions and can be connected by usb or hdmi cable.

Last edited:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
HDMI cable to connect laptop to TV. They cost 1 or 2 quid from Poundland / Amazon / eBay.

If your laptop has an HDMI out, this is the answer. I bought a 3m HDMI cable for £2.29 inc postage on ebay the other day.

If it doesn't have an HDMI out on your laptop, you'll need a VGA cable (a standard monitor cable) assuming your TV allows this kind of connection, although this only does video so you'd need to connect to speakers or use the laptop for sound, whereas HDMI does sound and video

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Thanks for the replies. I have an HMDI socket on my Laptop and my LG TV is a 50inch Led and has many connections such as HMDI . Going to pop along to the laptop shop and see if they have such cables. Just hope they're not to pricey otherwise I'll look on Amazon/Ebay :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here