9/11 Fancy Dress - Too soon?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I'll sum up the thread before it gets going:

Reply 1: "People wouldn't laugh if they knew somebody who died in the attack."
Reply 2: "FFS People need to lighten up. They're just having a laugh."
Reply 3: "I'd do them both!"
Reply 4: A mention of a Consipiracy theory.
Reply 5: Comparisson of 9/11 to another global tragedy that we should care more about.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Putting aside any offence caused, those costumes are absolutely awful. Really badly made and if they hadn't labelled them the names of the towers I doubt anyone would have a clue what they were. Plus they have completely covered up their norks.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I lived in Atlanta 20 years ago. Went to a nightclub on Halloween and some of the costumes were amazing.

The girl that won the competition went as (I'm not kidding) Jeffrey Dahmer's fridge. She could open the door and there were heads and limbs in there. I don't THINK they were real.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom

Reply 5: Comparisson of 9/11 to another global tragedy that we should care more about.

and 2 , possibly 3 , flounces.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I lived in Atlanta 20 years ago. Went to a nightclub on Halloween and some of the costumes were amazing.

The girl that won the competition went as (I'm not kidding) Jeffrey Dahmer's fridge. She could open the door and there were heads and limbs in there. I don't THINK they were real.

I hate people like that, fancy dress should be, at best, half-arsed.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Putting aside any offence caused, those costumes are absolutely awful. Really badly made and if they hadn't labelled them the names of the towers I doubt anyone would have a clue what they were. Plus they have completely covered up their norks.

To be fair, they look like a pair of idiots.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I thought it was The Truth and Goldstone76 in their latest conspiracy theory "proof" video.

To be fair, further down, Amber is displaying a terrific rack.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Already been done

911costume2.jpg

This costume was worn for the Purim holiday by two kids in Israel.

http://wtfrly.com/2013/03/04/this-911-attack-replica-costume-for-purim-holiday-in-israel-should-wake-up-republicans-in-america/#.UnohBOJlmZE

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
A bloke in my 2nd year of uni (2007) dressed up in pink pyjamas, wore a blonde wig, and carried a teddy bear around.

He had come to the party as Madelein McCann

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Putting aside any offence caused, those costumes are absolutely awful. Really badly made and if they hadn't labelled them the names of the towers I doubt anyone would have a clue what they were.

Exactly that.

On purely artistic grounds, for them to have won the £150 prize stated the rest of the entries must have been really shit.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

6. "banter"

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Reply 3.

seriously though, after thinking about it, i reckon if you are going to have a celebration of the dead, nothing should be off the table. at some level any halloween custume is going to offend someone.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
One of the London rags ran a story yesterday abotu the outrage that someone had won a University fancy dress competition blacked up.

All he did, seemingly was black his face. When I say 'all he did' I'm referring to the sh*tness of the costume, not the mildness of the offence. The Student Union seemed more upset that he won than anything else.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Very witty girls, what's on the cards for next year? Holocaust victims maybe?

A grubby pair of striped PJs and a haunted expression and you should walk it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here