Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richmond Golf Club temporary rules -1940.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
BYPTgurIMAAoNUJ.jpg

Take that, fritz.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
What they don't seem to have addressed is; what would be the rule if your ball was within putting distance from the hole, and a bomb raid had invoked rule 2. When you returned to play, and there was a bomb crater where the hole had previously been, and your ball was in the crater. What would be your score for the hole?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
What they don't seem to have addressed is; what would be the rule if your ball was within putting distance from the hole, and a bomb raid had invoked rule 2. When you returned to play, and there was a bomb crater where the hole had previously been, and your ball was in the crater. What would be your score for the hole?

Outside interference. Replace the ball as near as possible to where it was without penalty. Wait for the greenkeeper to make another hole.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
A player whose stroke is affected by the simultanious explosion of a bomb may play another ball from the same place. Penalty one stroke

:lolol:
That's easily the best thing I've read all day. "IF YOU GET BLOWN UP BY A BOMB. ONE PENALTY STROKE OLD CHAP." Fantastic stuff.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I have an image of a golfer on a Par 3 placing his ball on the tee, then running for cover as a bomb takes out the spot where he was standing, sending the ball high into the air, landing on the green and trickling into the cup. Would this be a Hole In None?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Punitive in my book, thta's why I love the game. Rules honed over the last two centuries and a game which by parge self polices. Fabulous.

A guy I used to play with here in Glasgow, sadly long dead, used to play at 11pm in the Summer when they had double summer time, so he could get out of Clydebank , avoid the bombers and play some late evening golf. It must have been a real site to behold.

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here