Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR Resorting to Groupon

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
£25 to see a team full of internationals near the top of the Championship in an affluent area of London?

Sounds pretty fair pricing to me?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No story here.

Club chasing promotion makes prices more reasonable for the odd midweek match to ensure better atmosphere and fill ground. I hope Brighton would do the same one day for occasional games if required.

It's a great deal to watch a high standard of Championship football.

We're on the side of the fans, yes? So cheaper prices is good, yes? Not something to indulge some ludicrous macho 'we can sell tickets at £40 a head' point-scoring.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
£25 to see a team full of internationals near the top of the Championship in an affluent area of London?

Sounds pretty fair pricing to me?

agreed, I would happily pay that.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
No story here.

Club chasing promotion makes prices more reasonable for the odd midweek match to ensure better atmosphere and fill ground. I hope Brighton would do the same one day for occasional games if required.

It's a great deal to watch a high standard of Championship football.

We're on the side of the fans, yes? So cheaper prices is good, yes? Not something to indulge some ludicrous macho 'we can sell tickets at £40 a head' point-scoring.

Couldn't agree more.

Who cares how they shift their tickets - if their marketing dept feels an offer will get more bums on seats, who gives a sh|t if it's on Groupon...

goldstone rocks

Feb 25, 2009
I would expect our club to do the same if we needed to increase bums on seats.

It is not just about "bums on seats" as you could just give tickets away. It is how much each seat is sold for compared to the budget break even for that match. Kids for a Quid gets bums on seats and in the long term you want them to return and pay regular kids rates as season ticket holders. However, you could make a loss as a club by doing this. It is a very hard juggling act of "bums on seats" vs income from those bums for any club inc ours

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why did Palace get some much grief then?

Because Palace are so obsessed about telling us of the so-called 'plastics' they think we have in our support that it is only right to point out that their crowds have been boosted by legions of groupons themselves.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why did Palace get some much grief then?

Because they are a tinpot club with delusions of superiority. QPR are doing it for a midweek game unlike Palace who did it for Saturday games in addition to giving away 3 or 4 thousand tickets to schoolkids.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Because they are a tinpot club with delusions of superiority. QPR are doing it for a midweek game unlike Palace who did it for Saturday games in addition to giving away 3 or 4 thousand tickets to schoolkids.

Is that not a good thing?? its hardly a stick to beat them with,is it?? there are threads on this forum at the moment moaning about the price of football but when either QPR or Palace are seen to try and do something about it some people try and take the piss :facepalm:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is that not a good thing?? its hardly a stick to beat them with,is it?? there are threads on this forum at the moment moaning about the price of football but when either QPR or Palace are seen to try and do something about it some people try and take the piss :facepalm:

For the Watford game there might have been the same number of schoolkids in the ground for a Monday evening game who got in for a quid , the difference being they will return in the future.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
They've always struggled for support, even when they were London's top club for a couple of seasons in the mid-nineties they never filled Loftus Road.

Since Redknapp's been there I want QPR to lose every week. He'll leave them in the sh1t like every club he's been in charge of if they don't get promoted this season and no other club will want him managing their club in the future.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Can't sell out a 18,000 stadium whilst at the top of the league ?
Tinpot

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
That Groupon song we sing to Palace is sensational. I just wanted to add that.

I always thought the second line should be "add deals to your cart" rather than the "buy one get one free" that people sing, as it rhymes with "with hope in your heart" :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here