Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apple iphone 3 not charging...any ideas?

Just wondered if anyone has a fix for an iphone 3. Battery sign shows but stuck on red and won't
charge.Have checked charger works on ipad, ipod etc and tried other chargers also but still
no joy. Alternatively a good repair shop if this is possible? Any help much appreciated. Purchased on
ebay and warranty has expired.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Are you charging it from a PC/Mac or direct from the mains?

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
This might sound crazy, but have you checked for lint/dust/etc. in the phone's dock connector? I was having charging problems with my 4S, turned out a bit of tobacco had wedged itself in there, and everything worked fine once I dug it out with a toothpick. The most likely answer, regrettably, is that your battery is dead though.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Answer:
1: Put in in recovery mode and attach to PC.
2: Let the PC recognize it and then remove the phone from the USB.
3: Hard Reset (hold home & power buttons) and it should come back to life.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Phone is being charged from main.....and I'll check the socket though I hope my daughter is not smoking tobacco at 14!

She probably is you know...... Have a word about the perils of the evil weed, failing that, make her smoke a packet of 20 one after another - thats what my dad did (didn't work though)

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
I had the same problem on a 3GS. Get a new toothbrush and slide it through the slot. Then you should be able to just flick it all out.

I also has the same problem on my 5. However, in this case, the dust had forced the pins to bend when I plugged the charger in and there was no fix. Apple just gave me a new phone.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just wondered if anyone has a fix for an iphone 3. Battery sign shows but stuck on red and won't
charge.Have checked charger works on ipad, ipod etc and tried other chargers also but still
no joy. Alternatively a good repair shop if this is possible? Any help much appreciated. Purchased on
ebay and warranty has expired.

I've replaced the dock assembly on a couple of iPhone 3G and 3G's (my wife bent the pins of one of them jamming the charger in the wrong way). Anyway, they are about £10 on ebay, and easy enough to replace. (If it's not fluff or what have you which you'll obviously check first).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here