Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post Office shocker !!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Like others on here I dabble a bit on eBay.
The other weekend was free listing so I took my camera up in the loft and found a couple of items just gathering dust. I'm a bit of a jackdaw and hate to throw anything away if it still works.
Anyway, found a Goodmans Set Top box but with no remote control - prbably £25 new but might do someone a turn who has an old analogue tv.
So whacked it on eBay and put £5.95 for post & packing knowing that up to 2kg is £5.60.
Item was won for 99p with only one bidder.
Parceled it up this afternoon and walked the dog to the PO.

Shock, fecking horror, it was 250 grams over 2Kg and the cheapest 2nd class donkey delivery was FOURTEEN POUNDS & FORTY FIVE PENCE.

Okay, the perfectionist among you will say I should have weighed it first, added estimated packaging materials and priced accordingly. That's not quite my point - £14 quid for 2Kg to carry UK inland is Dick Turpin-esque.

How the hell can they justify that ?

Answers on a postcard - if you can afford the postage ......

Embrace

Oct 28, 2011
Anything over 1.5kg I usually send by courier (depending on shape/size). I use Interparcel to find the best deal!

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Try yodel or my hermes next time. Hermes even collect from your house if you want, either way its a lot cheaper than £14. For me to send a parcel from my house in South East London to the Amex will cost £5.40 and that includes them picking up from my door, also checked to send a parcel from the Amex to Ibrox in Glasgow and that is the same price with home pickup.

https://www.myhermes.co.uk/send-a-parcel.html?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Try yodel or my hermes next time. Hermes even collect from your house if you want, either way its a lot cheaper than £14. For me to send a parcel from my house in South East London to the Amex will cost £5.40 and that includes them picking up from my door, also checked to send a parcel from the Amex to Ibrox in Glasgow and that is the same price with home pickup.

https://www.myhermes.co.uk/send-a-parcel.html?

Now what would you be sending to the Amex ???

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Now what would you be sending to the Amex ???

Do you know what I was going to have a laugh and say a bomb or something but someone would take it or serious and I cannot be bothered lol

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Parcelforce would have been about a tenner, suprised your post office didn't offer it as an alternative, plus you get tracking on it too. I have to say my post office is quite good, I just ask them to put it on the cheapest delivery and they sort it out.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Try Omega. They do some good deals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here