Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford Away Changed

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The fixture change is due to the Hornets having their midweek fixture against Nottingham Forest moved as it is now being televised.

Jimmy Grimble

Phuck sake.

Sunday away days are invariably shit.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Nope, what the 2nd post said. So, we still get screwed by Sky - with no financial reward.

Who's getting screwed? We (BHAFC) make nothing out of away trips on a Saturday 3pm, what difference does Sunday make? As it's a Sunday there may even be a few more fans who can make it as they normally work on a Saturday.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Who's getting screwed? We (BHAFC) make nothing out of away trips on a Saturday 3pm, what difference does Sunday make? As it's a Sunday there may even be a few more fans who can make it as they normally work on a Saturday.

Games on Sundays are just sh*thouse compared to Saturday games, they are just dull.

Bitterness for me is that I now need to request yet more time off work, only benefit is the amount of notice we have been given.

The match being rearranged will have been agreed between us and them. I don't think sky would have had much to do with it.

Probably more Watford demanding us to agree to a fixture change.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Totally this. Public transport is rubbish and with work on Monday drinking heavily is less attractive.

Jimmy Grimble

You're living in cuckoo land if you think more fans will go on a Sunday.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The match being rearranged will have been agreed between us and them. I don't think sky would have had much to do with it.

Sky have moved their previous fixture against Forest from Wednesday to Thursday. As a consequence Watford have asked for our fixture to be put back a day , have we agreed to it on the basis that if we objected they would have approached the FA to change it on a mandatory basis ?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sky have moved their previous fixture against Forest from Wednesday to Thursday. As a consequence Watford have asked for our fixture to be put back a day , have we agreed to it on the basis that if we objected they would have approached the FA to change it on a mandatory basis ?

Maybe. Maybe we agreed because it gives us an extra day to get injured players back.

Or more likely a gesture of good will. What if we get a televised game and would prefer to move the following game? Not necessarily an issue with Watford now (unless we draw them in a cup game), but it goes around. If we show an unwillingness to adapt our fixtures for Watford, how can we expect other clubs to move their fixture with us because we've had to move another for TV.

It's also something we may well have to get used to if we hope to progress in football. If/when we make it to the premier league, we may be asked to move games because our opponents have mid-week european games.

Last edited:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Even those living in London will find it harder on a Sunday because the tube and train networks are much worse. I think it will put off a fair few fans.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Yeah,im one, chuffed to bits as i can only get to Sunday awaydays

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You're living in cuckoo land if you think more fans will go on a Sunday.
My first thought was 'oh I could go to that, now'.
Although I probably won't, unless a win sends us top, or something.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ducking hell. Another fixture change to accommodate everything but the fans convenience. Sundays a day of rest. I usually do all my moaning Monday to Saturday. Now got to include Sunday that week. Barber OUT!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here