Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I must cnfess...

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I must confess that although I use the handle "Danny-Boy" I have never worked for the former "News of the World" or any other arm of the evil Murdoch empire.

The closest I have come is a few months years ago at Reuters and before that a disastrous time at Reed International as an accountant where my immediate boss was a slimy individual called Lawrie Guest.
Guest later achieved media attention by being the Financial Director of Mirror Group Newsparers when it collapsed in the wake of the mysterious Maxwell death by drowning (allegedly). THe MGN Pension Fund which Guest was also responsible for was cleaned out to support Maxwel's other illusory ventures.

I must admit I thought the Burton character played "Danny-Boy " rather than "Broadsword" but I'l stick with it, now I'm a desk-wallah rather than in or on the field..

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
You could nave worked for the notw with that spelling !

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I read this earlier and thought it was an in joke that I was not meant to get

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Cool story, bro.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
The words to the song Danny Boy were written by an Englishman, lawyer Frederic Edward Weatherly in 1910; he set the lyrics to an old Irish tune then called the Londonderry Air.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
image.jpg

I must confess that although I use the handle "Danny-Boy" I have never worked for the former "News of the World" or any other arm of the evil Murdoch empire.

The closest I have come is a few months years ago at Reuters and before that a disastrous time at Reed International as an accountant where my immediate boss was a slimy individual called Lawrie Guest.
Guest later achieved media attention by being the Financial Director of Mirror Group Newsparers when it collapsed in the wake of the mysterious Maxwell death by drowning (allegedly). THe MGN Pension Fund which Guest was also responsible for was cleaned out to support Maxwel's other illusory ventures.

I must admit I thought the Burton character played "Danny-Boy " rather than "Broadsword" but I'l stick with it, now I'm a desk-wallah rather than in or on the field..

ANOTHER CASE OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MADE​
:moo:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Oh well.. I Never expected any revelations about Maxwel from you lot, I gues like all the sheninagans at the Goldstone which nearly got you thrown out of the League, thats al been conveniently forgotten...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here