Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much extra are you willing to pay for your season ticket?

How much extra are you prepared to pay?

• Nothing

Votes: 116 56.0%
  • Up to 5% extra

Votes: 41 19.8%
  • Up to 10% extra

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Up to 20% extra

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Up to 50% extra

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Whatever it takes

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
As we prepare for another huge financial loss from last season it seems inevitable to make the Albion sustainable and running at close to break even ticket prices will need to increase.

So how much extra are you willing to pay for your ticket/season ticket to help Albion achieve this?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It wouldn't be a case of how willing I was, but whether I could afford a rise. I've already cut back on away games.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Personally, and this is said in an entirely non-flouncy fashion, if the prices go up then I'll be giving up my ticket.

Much as I love going to the games, they're a luxury (though sometimes a painful one!) not a necessity.

That said, I'm sure someone will be willing to take my place, so the club aren't likely to miss out.

Edit; Thinking about it, it's quite worrying that anyone would accept a ticket hike too easily.

I know the common argument is that with falling attendances the club could find itself in financial peril but surely things are awry if a supporter feels pressured to keep an (or accept a higher costing) ST through fear of the club bottoming out.

The relationship between club and fans sometimes feels less symbiotic and more leeching.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Prices will inevitably rise , a 20% increase if we are promoted , around 5% if we're not as the club gradually reduces their subsidy of the overall transport costs.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We pay quite enough thank you, as do fans of other clubs.

This sort of multi-million pound loss is an absolute travesty. It is sickening that there is such little appetite in the game to deal with the problem of so many clubs having to sustain these losses despite the huge amount of money the clubs receive.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Answering this questions only encourages a raise. I'll consider each season ticket price on it's own merits, much like Tony I do not want to show my hand too early.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Revenue in 2012 was £22.2m - ticketing £7.9m, TV £5.7m, commercial £8.6m.
We have more seats this season and more season ticket holders so ticketing revenue will rise with little impact on costs.

Costs were: staff costs £14.7m and other costs were £16.9m, due to “costs of running a state of the art stadium”.
Barber is already addressing some of the staff and other costs to bring down current year loss to £5m I believe.

Increasing cost of tickets will help, but a 10% rise in ticket revenue equates to round figures perhaps £1m on the bottom line. Ticket price increases is not how we'll reach breakeven.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Remove the transport tax if they wish to put the prices up

It's a levy ( a fixed fee used for a specific purpose ), not a tax ( a revenue generating charge which goes into the overall budget).

Jan 30, 2008
Personally, and this is said in an entirely non-flouncy fashion, if the prices go up then I'll be giving up my ticket.

Much as I love going to the games, they're a luxury (though sometimes a painful one!) not a necessity.

That said, I'm sure someone will be willing to take my place, so the club aren't likely to miss out.
really, so the club are taking people for granted then???
regards
DR

The Original

Jan 25, 2010
50.83295°N 0.26815°W
I would accept 5%, assuming still in the Championship next year. However I have already cut back my match day spend by around 50% per game from last season and expect to do so further next year if ST prices go up to help balance the costs. At least the latter remains in my control.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Whoever voted 50% extra is either stupidly rich or just stupid.

Cheapest season ticket would add £225 on.

If they're looking forward to Premier League football next season it maybe a price they're willing to pay.

drop dead fred

Mar 8, 2011
I think if they went up by a stupid amount I may give up my season ticket and just hand pick the games I wanted to go to

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here