Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's introduce each other to some NEW/INTERESTING FOODS

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Hello.

I realise from the off I am basically creating a thread which is the ideal VEHICLE for some right FOODIES to make others feel SILLY but I'm going to go with it anyway.

I like to see myself as quite knowledgeable with the food world but I was BESIDE myself when my girlfriend brought home a POMELLO.

Again, I know i'm just opening myself UP to "you didn't know what a POMELO was!?", but for those who maybe didnt know, it's basically a less sour grapefruit with a lot less juice. More waxy but LOVELY. Brilliant for curring up and taking to work as theres no mess at all. Its a new FAVE in the mejona household.

So, please share your knowledge of weird and wonderful foods that you know of, that maybe I/we would like!

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Ouite partial to a romunesque , a cross between a cauliflower and broccli , see them a lot in the fruit & veg shops locally so asume they are available elsewhere .

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Haha! You didn't know what a pomelo was! He didn't even know!! Unbelievable! Hahahahahah!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not a food exactly ( although it becomes it ) - I've got quite excited ( sad I know ) about the new tomato / potato plant. Tomatoes grow on the bit above ground and potatoes on the bit below ground - two decent food groups in one !

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Not a food exactly ( although it becomes it ) - I've got quite excited ( sad I know ) about the new tomato / potato plant. Tomatoes grow on the bit above ground and potatoes on the bit below ground - two decent food groups in one !

I've had to google this to check you're not having me on.

Never heard of that before. I want one.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've had to google this to check you're not having me on.

Never heard of that before. I want one.

I had to check it wasn't April Fools Day when I saw it on telly - definitely getting a couple for next year !

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I rather like tomatillos, they're really easy to grow as well

mexican-tomatillos.jpg

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
was in Florida recently and bought a Slimcado a bigger version of an avocado , but yellow and less fattening so iam told

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here