Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Will bus prices start decreasing again soon?

0 Not allowed!
    In the last ten years the price of a single ticket has risen 100%(doubled) and the Brighton & Hove bus company say it's due to rising costs so will the prices start to go down soon? I know plenty of people say 'it's good value for money' which I suppose to a point it is but surely there must reach a point where they have to stop raising prices?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      In the last ten years the price of a single ticket has risen 100%(doubled) and the Brighton & Hove bus company say it's due to rising costs so will the prices start to go down soon? I know plenty of people say 'it's good value for money' which I suppose to a point it is but surely there must reach a point where they have to stop raising prices?
      If you don't like the prices just use the other bus company.
      At least taxpayers money isn't being used to increase the city's dependence on busses.

0 Not allowed!
      I've never been convinced by the bus company's assertion of rising fuel costs to justify their annual price increases, especially when they didn't increase bus prices on the 23 and 25 services - they only ones where they had competition.

My belief is that the people of Brighton are subsidising other regions of the Go Ahead group which don't have so much bus use.

0 Not allowed!
      I cant affort the bus so I tend to get a taxi.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      I cant affort the bus so I tend to get a taxi.
      if there are 3 or 4 of you this is cheaper usually

0 Not allowed!
      The cost of diesel 10 years ago on average was 78p and is currently on average 140p. So unless you thought the price 10 years ago was too high then you don't really have much on an argument.

Oh and...

#cpfctinpotclub seagullsovergrimsby's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Large One View Post
      I've never been convinced by the bus company's assertion of rising fuel costs to justify their annual price increases, especially when they didn't increase bus prices on the 23 and 25 services - they only ones where they had competition.

My belief is that the people of Brighton are subsidising other regions of the Go Ahead group which don't have so much bus use.
      There is no real competition , Compass and Big Lemon have picked up the routes that attract a council subsidy to keep them running or else they would disappear altogether as uneconomically viable.
      Response to a post by SeasideEagle on BBS - "Are you another account belonging to cpfc2010? You seem to be spouting the same bullshit."

0 Not allowed!
      http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice...e-archive.html

Well considering fuel prices have been increasing since 2000, there's no surprise. I wonder if these increases have to do with foreign intervention in middle-eastern states....
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      As I said I dont know just assumed
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GingerBeerMan View Post
      If you don't like the prices just use the other bus company.
      At least taxpayers money isn't being used to increase the city's dependence on busses.
      You mention 'the other bus company', well there is very little alternative, apart from up and down the Lewes Road to the Uni (Big Lemon), the London Road as far as Patcham (Stagecoach, Sussex Bus and MetroBus), along the Western Road (Stagecoach), and a few odd services operated by Compass, Brighton & Hove Buses hold the absolute monopoly. I also know that Stagecoach (within the city boundary) are even more expensive.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      You mention 'the other bus company', well there is very little alternative, apart from up and down the Lewes Road to the Uni (Big Lemon), the London Road as far as Patcham (Stagecoach, Sussex Bus and MetroBus), along the Western Road (Stagecoach), and a few odd services operated by Compass, Brighton & Hove Buses hold the absolute monopoly. I also know that Stagecoach (within the city boundary) are even more expensive.
      Sarcasm is hard to convey over the internet. I absolutely hate the bus system in this city.