Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who should start upfront Saturday, Lita or Barnes?

Who should start?

• Lita

Votes: 27 25.5%
  • Barnes

Votes: 11 10.4%
  • Both

Votes: 68 64.2%

• Total voters

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Gone for Lita purely because I think Barnes could do with being withdrawn for a game or two. He's performed well in a role he is not entirely suited to but he looked pretty dejected after Donny so maybe a rest will do him good. Wouldn't start both of them considering our lack of senior strikers if something went wrong but that's just me...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If buckley is still injured then Oscars decision made me be made for him (Barnes on the left..Lita upfront)..although i guess there is Solly March to take his role.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Sounds like both will have to start now Buckley is out. Both will work but it wont be 4-4-2

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think the question is really meant to be "who should start up front on Saturday?"

Lita.

But, as others have said, Barnes is also likely to start given the other injuries we have.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Lita of course, he's the only striker who knows where the net is at the moment and can't get fully match fit unless he has more match time, shirley? He's faster than Barnes, stronger than Barnes, falls over less than Barnes, won't allow himself to be outmuscled and thumped all over the place by a centre back and most of all, he's far less moany and whiny than Barnes, it's a bit of a no brainer really.

With the players we have left... (Maybe one or two could make a miracle recovery and feature?)...

Kuszczak

Calderon
Greer
Upson
Ward

Andrews
Crofts
Forster-Caskey

Conway
March
Lita

Subs: Ankergren, El-Abd, Bruno, Ince, Lopez, Barnesdoor, Dickenson.

Result, 4-0, simple.

Last edited:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Lita to start upfront, Barnes on the left, March to come on for Lita after 70 mins with Barnes then pushed in to forward role.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Both will start , Barnesy out left , Conway on the right as wingers and Leroy on his own up front.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
There's been much talk of Lita not being match fit. And there are some that don't understand the difference between being fit and being 1st team match fit.

I was surprised at Donnie that Lita didn't start - to get match fit you have to play and in the last two games Lita has come on with circa 10 mins remaining. I'd suggest he starts and he stays on until he's flogged, that way he will begin to achieve full 1st team match fitness - he'll never get it with 10 / 15 / 20 mins each game.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
There's been much talk of Lita not being match fit. And there are some that don't understand the difference between being fit and being 1st team match fit.

I was surprised at Donnie that Lita didn't start - to get match fit you have to play and in the last two games Lita has come on with circa 10 mins remaining. I'd suggest he starts and he stays on until he's flogged, that way he will begin to achieve full 1st team match fitness - he'll never get it with 10 / 15 / 20 mins each game.

He said himself he wants to start and feels match fit.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Everyone's an expert :rolleyes:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
With Buckley out there is no choice sadly, Lita will have to start and Barnes will float around in yet another position that his supporters will claim is not his forte as justification when he blanks again.

I will be very happy if he pops a few in of course, just can't see it.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here