Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ripper Street S2

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Anyone else enjoying this second series? I am. I like the way they have started to incorporate real historical figures into the plots. Am I right in thinking the new Detective Flight went on to found The Met?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
its superb,the attention to detail is refreshing especially with the lingo.......and didnt you have a part in season 1?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
its superb,the attention to detail is refreshing especially with the lingo.......and didnt you have a part in season 1?

It's really well made, a joy to watch I think. Yes, had a small role in it near the beginning but it was kind of before it found it's feet and had a lot going on. I still loved the first series but this one seems to have really stepped it up on all levels.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Forgot to catch the second episode of the new series. I thought the first one was pretty grim regarding the gore, how many times did we need to see that knee with a railing through it to understand that it was a knee with a railing through it ? I'm not really getting the dialogue either, between series the actors seem to have put on a semi-Shakespeare patois ?
I do like Matthew Macfadyen as an actor but in this he seems ever more distant and aloof and downright in the wrong place as a detective when all about is blood, dirt, fighting and squalor, the lead role would have better suited Ray Winstone.

Still, it's not bad as "Gritty, Semi-Historical "dramas go. I think this is the response to " Flaccid, Semi Historical " dramas such as Downton and Mr.Selfridge much as in the way the Sex Pistols were a reaction to bland, anodyne music in the late 70's.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
This weeks episode can be linked to 11 Apr 1890 which is the recorded date of death for Joseph [John] Merrick - the elephant man.
Jerome Flynn plays his part well.
Rufty tufty rozzers eh?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
This weeks episode can be linked to 11 Apr 1890 which is the recorded date of death for Joseph [John] Merrick - the elephant man.
Jerome Flynn plays his part well.
Rufty tufty rozzers eh?

I was watching it thinking well at least I know Merrick will be fine, we all know how he died in real life. Wrong.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's really well made, a joy to watch I think. Yes, had a small role in it near the beginning but it was kind of before it found it's feet and had a lot going on. I still loved the first series but this one seems to have really stepped it up on all levels.

Were you the roasted chestnuts vendor ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here