Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bloody trains

Members

Bloody trains

0 Not allowed!
    No trains this Saturday between Haywards Heath and Brighton. What a pain that is

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Again ?
      I surrender all control
      To the desire that consumes me whole
      Leads me by the hand to infinity
      Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !

0 Not allowed!
      Makes my journey back from Loughborough to Worthing nearer to 5 hours than the usual 4!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bez View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      No trains this Saturday between Haywards Heath and Brighton. What a pain that is
      No problem, go via Lewes

0 Not allowed!
      Bloody railway maintenance -what's the point?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bez View Post
      There does appear to be some sort of service......
      Half hourly between Haywards Heath and Brighton, calling all stations, but going via Hove....!!!

What is also a pain is that Southern never show their extra trains they run, both between Brighton and Falmer, and between Brighton and Worthing, until the Saturday morning.
      So, at the moment there are only shown the normal 4 trains an hour from Brighton to Falmer, before the match, with no extra trains back from Brighton towards Worthing, especially as this weekend there are no London trains on the west coast.

0 Not allowed!
      Southern are a disgrace!
      Joke company

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by JTR938 View Post
      Southern are a disgrace!
      Joke company
      Normally, I would agree.

But why so on this occasion? Maintenance schedules are worked out months in advance - certainly way before the fixtures come out.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Large One View Post
      Normally, I would agree.

But why so on this occasion? Maintenance schedules are worked out months in advance - certainly way before the fixtures come out.
      Ok, but sorry to reffer back to a previous thread abouth Gatwick Express....
      Again this morning my service was reduced to 5 carriages (normaly 10), this being the 5 time in 2 weeks so roughly 25% of my journys. When this happens it is very difficult to get a seat! so consequently spent my commute this morning standing next to the toilet with some fat bas***d who hasn’t yet grasped the concept of covering your nose/mouth when sneezing!
      My point being, this is meant to be a "premium" service and they certainly know how to charge a "premium" to use the GE but are very quick to reduce the bloody train sizes thus causeing discomfort to poor sods like myself!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by JTR938 View Post
      Ok, but sorry to reffer back to a previous thread abouth Gatwick Express....
      Again this morning my service was reduced to 5 carriages (normaly 10), this being the 5 time in 2 weeks so roughly 25% of my journys. When this happens it is very difficult to get a seat! so consequently spent my commute this morning standing next to the toilet with some fat bas***d who hasn’t yet grasped the concept of covering your nose/mouth when sneezing!
      My point being, this is meant to be a "premium" service and they certainly know how to charge a "premium" to use the GE but are very quick to reduce the bloody train sizes thus causeing discomfort to poor sods like myself!
      Thats because those trains are incredibly old - the base equipment is over 40 years old, some of which actually caught fire on a service at South Croydon yesterday - probably why your journey this morning was ran with a shorter train - the other alternative was to cancel, A shorter than normal train is better than no train !!

Quote Originally Posted by The Large One View Post
      Normally, I would agree.

Not months, but over a YEAR in advance. If anyone is to blame, then its the FL.