Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uckfield Bus to the Amex - help please.

Wardy8

Jan 22, 2009
I usually travel to the Amex from my home in Uckfield by driving to Lewes Station, parking at Lewes FC and getting the train. It would be really convenient for me to use the bus directly from Uckfield to Falmer as I could have a couple of beers and reduce my carbon footprint. I just wondered if there is anyone on here who uses/has used the bus and can answer the following questions please:
1) Would I have to pay in part/full on the bus or is it covered by my season ticket - like the train from Lewes is?
2) Are they fairly reliable and get to Falmer on time?
3) Is it a nightmare getting on the bus back to Uckfield after games? I don't really want to be rushing away early like the other 8,000 people just to be able to get home.

Thanks

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Clearly it won't work for midweeks, but it should be very possible and reliable on Saturdays. It will be a bit random whether your ST covers the full journey - technically it shouldn't I think - but sometimes the driver has people on the 29 using their ST at Tunbridge Wells...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Seagulls Over Burwash - google it for website!

One of our coaches stops in uck!

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
1) Technically,I think you're meant to pay to Lewes,but all drivers seem to turn a blind eye and are ok to accept ST for travel.

2) No. The 29 often turns up late to Uckfield bus station,but has been known to run on time,so be there on time just in case. Catch an earlier bus,& you'll be fine for ko.

3) Yes,it can be a bloody nightmare! Especially for Saturday games. The bus arrives to the Falmer stop(University) with a fair few passengers already on board. Unless you leave the game early,you will join a lengthy queue and ultimately have to wait for the next bus. It's due at 5.03,& the next one is 5.30.
I often catch the train to Lewes,& walk briskly to the bus station(by Waitrose) to intercept the very same bus,as loads of people get off by then. Only problem though,is you are starting your bus journey close to the boundary where you're not supposed to use your ST. I'm a bus driver and use my staff pass,so luckily don't have this dilemma,but my mate never has any problems. I do the same for evening ko's. Bus is due to arrive at 10.18pm,but the next one is an hour later. Again,catch the train,& you are fairly likely to catch the 1st bus,which always arrives to Lewes quite a bit later than 10.33(scheduled arrival). You may well miss a train or 2,queuing at Falmer station,but I usually intercept the bus without too much bother,& NEVER leave before the final whistle. If you don't manage to catch it,you can always have a couple of jars in the Volly,& catch the 11.33 ;-)

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I'd catch the Seagulls over Burwash bus. The Brighton and Hove bus is okay on Saturday, but (see the thread after the Watford game), it's an absolute pain for midweek games. I normally get the train from Lewes, but midweek games are such a rush that it doesn't work for me then.

In The Rough

Mar 20, 2007
Between The Sticks
I often catch the train to Lewes,& walk briskly to the bus station(by Waitrose) to intercept the very same bus,as loads of people get off by then. I do the same for evening ko's. Bus is due to arrive at 10.18pm,but the next one is an hour later. Again,catch the train,& you are fairly likely to catch the 1st bus,which always arrives to Lewes quite a bit later than 10.33(scheduled arrival). You may well miss a train or 2,queuing at Falmer station,but I usually intercept the bus without too much bother,& NEVER leave before the final whistle. If you don't manage to catch it,you can always have a couple of jars in the Volly,& catch the 11.33 ;-)

This is spot on! And in fact missing the bus and having to have a couple before the 11:33 is an added bonus. Walk on at Lewes as everyone else piles off.

Wardy8

Jan 22, 2009
Cheers Klunk! That is all really helpful and I'll be giving it a go using your suggestion of train to Lewes and bus from Waitrose - using the Volly option of course! Much appreciated!

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Bml2

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here