Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Glorious Fifth

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
Yes it's that time of year where the good people of Lewes go mental and forget all their day to day worries for a few hours. I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning. probably why I became a pyrotechnician.

oh they have a small event up in Lindfield as well.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Went to the Cuckfield display on Saturday, fireworks were excellent

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was thinking of going to Lewes tomorrow night, being as I've not bothered in YEARS. I'm guessing getting in and out on the train will be absolutely HORRIFIC though, so I'm very much in two minds.

What a conundrum.

I was thinking of going to Lewes tomorrow night, being as I've not bothered in YEARS. I'm guessing getting in and out on the train will be absolutely HORRIFIC though, so I'm very much in two minds.

What a conundrum.

Never mind the trains,the queue for a pie will be horrendous and the police always,always say that there are more people in attendance than there actually is.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I'm just going to turn the lights off in the kitchen and stick a metal plate in the microwave. Times be hard.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

What a conundrum.
It was really quiet last year... Probably be similar this year... Having said that I got a mate who didn't want to drink 8 pints of Harveys to drive, so don't know about the trains.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
There will almost certainly be fireworks in Crystal Palace Park near where I live so will probably go to that. My girlfriend will probably stay in to be with the cat. Gets terrified of fireworks, poor thing. I think having another presence in the house like the cat helps her.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I'll be tucked up @Jevs house eating all his pies. Too many twats in town for my liking !

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If anyone hasn't been before please put in on your bucket list. It goes on until about 1:30am but the processions are the main thing rather than the fireworks so you can slope off early. School Hill is a good place to watch. NO POPERY!

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
There's always a huge 30 minute fireworks display near where I'm currently living in Stockton. Last year's theme was James Bond; this time round it's going to be a tribute to the band Queen. Looking forward to it, not looking forward to the freezing cold and sleazy goings-on in the accompanying nearby fairground though.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
I'm just going to turn the lights off in the kitchen and stick a metal plate in the microwave. Times be hard.

That's actually really dangerous!
I'll lend you a skin diver (see other thread) if you can Adam and Eve that.So you can go to the ball....well...firework display.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
If anyone hasn't been before please put in on your bucket list. It goes on until about 1:30am but the processions are the main thing rather than the fireworks so you can slope off early. School Hill is a good place to watch. NO POPERY!

School Hill is surely the worst place to watch? The crowds are unbelievable there.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I'm heading down to Lindfield this evening. Did think about Lewes, but I can't get out of work in time, would like to try Lewes Bonfire Night sometime though.

How good is Lindfield? I like the village and its just a shortish walk from Haywards Heath station.

I'm looking to impress a young lady friend, so hoping for fireworks of a different kind.....:)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Off the Brighton Lions Fireworks at the Sussex Ground tonight - I'd urge anyone looking for something to do to do likewise.

a) It's one of the biggest displays in Sussex
b) It's only a tenner for adults and a fiver for kids
c) The profits c£5k go to charity
d) You can get beer there !

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm heading down to Lindfield this evening. Did think about Lewes, but I can't get out of work in time, would like to try Lewes Bonfire Night sometime though.

How good is Lindfield? I like the village and its just a shortish walk from Haywards Heath station.

I'm looking to impress a young lady friend, so hoping for fireworks of a different kind.....:)

I'd also like to go if I can make it in time. I presume it would be difficult to park though. Is there a charge for the display?

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I'd also like to go if I can make it in time. I presume it would be difficult to park though. Is there a charge for the display?

Lindfield? No there isn't a charge, but just checked their website, and they do ask for a donation.

Hoping to get along the the Stand Up in, now is re-opened.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here