Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Saturday

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm assuming Bridders ISN'T back, but you assume what you wish in terms of injuries.

For me:

Kusz

Bruno
Greer
Upson
Ward

Andrews
Crofts
JFC

Lopez
Lita
Barnes

With Barnes tucking in where possible to link up closely with Lita. The only issue here being a lack of pace, so possibly Conway in Lopez' place.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Can't see many changes after a decent away win. maybe injury to Buckley will allow Oscar to start Lita and Barnes together. I think I'd prefer to see Conway give us some pace but I guess it will be very tempting to start Lopez after that goal.

I note Conway got a bit of stick in the player ratings after the Donny game but I thought he did ok apart from a couple of wayward crosses and at least looked like he fancied running at the defence.

This all leaves striking options off the bench a bit thin, maybe March will actually get some pitch time.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm assuming Bridders ISN'T back, but you assume what you wish in terms of injuries.

For me:

Kusz

Bruno
Greer
Upson
Ward

Andrews
Crofts
JFC

Lopez
Lita
Barnes

With Barnes tucking in where possible to link up closely with Lita. The only issue here being a lack of pace, so possibly Conway in Lopez' place.

Yeah l'm tempted to agree with your starting eleven, certainly be good to see two 'target men' playing up front together from the off, maybe Lopez could go back into midfield when and if necessary, and make it a 4-4-2 formation.

Certainly we are playing at home, and it's a game we need to try and win.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Yeah l'm tempted to agree with your starting eleven, certainly be good to see two 'target men' playing up front together from the off, maybe Lopez could go back into midfield when and if necessary, and make it a 4-4-2 formation.

Certainly we are playing at home, and it's a game we need to try and win.
we dont play with 2 target men and our formation is more like 4-3-3

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As SoC alludes to, the thought of having ALL our striking options, on the pitch, at the same time, is a little scary.

Should Lita and Barnes travel in separate vehicles?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
i would play solly march

I'm surprised he hasn't had a look in. I wouldn't start him, but think he should have had more chances off the bench but I guess that given the current injuries they are playing it a bit safe. I do expect we will see more of him later in the season. His one cameo showed he had the ability and confidence.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
we dont play with 2 target men and our formation is more like 4-3-3

The fact that we haven't been playing with two target men doesn't mean that we can't play with two target men if and when we need to. Besides with Barnes in the side as well as Lita, he can always go wide, and or, drop deep if necessary.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

What's the sigh for? He's just pointing out that's how we play. Sure, we can play different to suit the circumstances but I don't think it's that straightforward, mainly because we only have two strikers and one of them isn't match fit.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex

For me:

Kusz

Bruno
Greer
Upson
Ward

Andrews
Crofts
JFC

Lopez
Lita
Barnes

Agree with the starting line up but having seen him a few times I wouldn't use 'pace' and 'Conway' in the same sentence to be honest.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
i would play solly march

Good shout Mark as he has pace, which we will be missing with no Buckley and Lua Lua.

I wouldn't mind Barnes starting upfront with Lita but when we play Barnes on the left it seems to have a detrimental effect on the team and on Barnes himself.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Lopez needs to be dropped....don't let a good free kick get in the way of 8 hours of being completely useless.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
We looked best on Saturday once Lita came on. We should start as a 4-4-2 because I reckon there is genuine potential in a Barnes/Lita partnership.

We almost certainly wont however. :nono:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
----------------- Kuszczak -----------------
Bruno ----- Greer ------ Upson ----- Ward
------- Andrews --- Crofts ---- JFC -------
---- Lita ------- Barnes ----- Conway ----

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The fact that we haven't been playing with two target men doesn't mean that we can't play with two target men if and when we need to. Besides with Barnes in the side as well as Lita, he can always go wide, and or, drop deep if necessary.

I might be wrong here but I always think of a big man upfront when I hear the term 'target man'
Neither Barnes or Lita can be classed as that type of striker. In a couple of months we might have some real permutations to debate on our striking options.

When is CMS back btw ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here