Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely now is the time?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
No Lua Lua, no Orlandi, no Buckley (probably) no Agustien, Spanish Dave off form....

There is a little Spanish bloke by the name of Vicente sat twiddling his thumbs on a Saturday afternoon.

I'm quite sure Barnes and Lita would appreciate some of the balls he could put into the danger zone.

And so what if he gets injured a couple of times during the season, he can sit and talk tactics with the rest of the crocs.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I love Vicente, I think he is the most skilful and one of the most exciting players I have ever seen play for this club, and I will never forget the excitement when my club, my little Brighton & Hove Albion, signed THE Vicente...BUT....that time is gone, and we should be looking forwards rather than backwards.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Jesus christ. Signing a proven sicknote who likely hasn't trained since April is your solution to an injury crisis? :facepalm:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
David Burke said all that needed to be said when he was on the Albion Roar and pointed out that no other club has picked up Vicente.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I don't give a toss if he's had injury problems - we've got lots of those anyway.

I don't give a toss about other clubs and whether one of them has picked him up.

Barber must be an idiot if he thinks I'm going to agree with him about Vicente, just because somebody else hasn't signed him.

Vicente could and would help us at the moment, and if the club doesn't pick him up on some sort of a deal, then its either being run by idiots (unlikely) or somebody is being economical with the truth.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think that, sadly, that ship has sailed.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
You are Oscar Garcia, its Saturday morning and you are scratching your head trying to pick a team to play Blackburn.

So, left side of the pitch, oh, no Orlandi, Lua Lua is stuffed, Ward's a bit pants at getting forward too.
Crofts, Andrews, Lopez???

Bugger, maybe one of the kids?

Oh hang on, perhaps I could use one of the greatest left-sided attacking midfield players the World has ever seen.
He's not fully fit, but he could still run rings around anybody in this division.

No, don't be silly, why would you want that?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Massive fishing trip, surely

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You are Oscar Garcia, its Saturday morning and you are scratching your head trying to pick a team to play Blackburn.

So, left side of the pitch, oh, no Orlandi, Lua Lua is stuffed, Ward's a bit pants at getting forward too.
Crofts, Andrews, Lopez???

Bugger, maybe one of the kids?

Oh hang on, perhaps I could use one of the greatest left-sided attacking midfield players the World has ever seen.
He's not fully fit, but he could still run rings around anybody in this division.

No, don't be silly, why would you want that?

I agree with you EXCEPT chances are that he wouldn't be fit or in the right mindset to play etc.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No Lua Lua, no Orlandi, no Buckley (probably) no Agustien, Spanish Dave off form....

There is a little Spanish bloke by the name of Vicente sat twiddling his thumbs on a Saturday afternoon.

I'm quite sure Barnes and Lita would appreciate some of the balls he could put into the danger zone.

And so what if he gets injured a couple of times during the season, he can sit and talk tactics with the rest of the crocs.

Totally agree. I'd absolutely love to see him back.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I still think Vicente would have been an asset this season, but now is not the time to be going for him. He would have needed to have done a full preseason and gone from there. With regards Saturday we still have a number of options:

Left side: Barnes or Conway
Centre: Barnes or Lita
Right side: March, Conway or Lopez

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Jesus christ. Signing a proven sicknote who likely hasn't trained since April is your solution to an injury crisis? :facepalm:

I'm sure some people are born stupid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here