Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone remember St Marks Primary school Black Rock?

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
I was there in the early 50's... brilliant place to be... just up from Black Rock swimming pool... marvellous times. I took my kids down memory lane to see their Dad's old first school and then on to my next school, Hove College ( I was a dunce, failed the 11 plus, so me Dad was earning a few bob then and sent me private) BOTH schools were NOT there anymore, nada... a really embarrassing trip. Any similar memories ol' NSC folk?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Yes, I went there for a year and a bit before moving circa 54/55. We lived in the basement flat at Sussex Mansions on Eastern Road.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Yes, I went there for a year and a bit before moving circa 54/55. We lived in the basement flat at Sussex Mansions on Eastern Road.

Who was the head master... I seem to remember Mr Puncheon or something like that. Lived in small basement place opp the hospital in Eastern Road. Good times

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Who was the head master... I seem to remember Mr Puncheon or something like that. Lived in small basement place opp the hospital in Eastern Road. Good times

I can't remember as I was only 4 or 5 at the time. All I can remember is biting the arm of a girl who arrived after me and was playing with my best friend. I got jealous and bit her arm. I can still see her Mum showing my Mum the bruise.
When we moved back (we moved to Portsmouth for 18 months) I went privately to the Convent of the Blessed Sacrament which was next door to the hospital for 18 months, before moving again to Portslade and St Nicholas at Southern Cross.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
I can't remember as I was only 4 or 5 at the time. All I can remember is biting the arm of a girl who arrived after me and was playing with my best friend. I got jealous and bit her arm. I can still see her Mum showing my Mum the bruise.
When we moved back (we moved to Portsmouth for 18 months) I went privately to the Convent of the Blessed Sacrament which was next door to the hospital for 18 months, before moving again to Portslade and St Nicholas at Southern Cross.

First and only co-ed school I went to... wished I'd spotted the potential.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here