Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Life changing gadgets

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
For a few weeks I had been pondering how to get me, my bicycle and my double-Americano (black, no sugar) the last 200m from the coffee shop to the office; I have never been comfortable riding one-handed.

Searching Google I discovered others have grappled with this very same conundrum and as a consequence Portland Design Company invented the handlebar mounted coffee cup holster. Cool huh? It's called the Bar-ista. Can you see what they have done there? Anyway, the upshot is that I can now safely navigate the final few metres of my journey with both hands on the bars. I though I'd share this incase any other NSCers struggle with my former plight.

And it got me thinking do any other NSCer have any life-changing/improving designs they care to share?

PS croissant goes in pannier.

Attachments

• Coffee.JPG
    Coffee.JPG
    200.6 KB · Views: 175

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I can imagine that being quite painful if one had to break suddenly, if I were you my next gadget would be some asbestos dung-hampers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sky+
Sat Nav
iPhone
iPad

The Ipad is up there. I can now carry a week's worth of Guardians, and the past year's worth of NMEs and Q Magazines in my man bag with ease.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sky+
Rice Cooker

I have never had Sky or Sky plus or any of the pay digital channels. I do not feel I am missing out either.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I always remember Frank Skinner musing about why a bed with a toilet-roll holder attached hadn't been invented to cater for thesingle man.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I have never had Sky or Sky plus or any of the pay digital channels. I do not feel I am missing out either.

Seconded. I lived in a flat with a girl mate. Her boyfriend who lived elsewhere, in some kind of territory marking, pissing contest had Tevo or Virgin or the like installed on her behalf in our flat and expected me to pay in. Was quite the treat to watch him come round try to watch some shitty golf tournament the day after said system had been uninstalled and removed, especially when I told him he owed me 150 quid. Will they ever learn, you respect the Nibble.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I would like a large, electronic world map on a screen on my wall that updated itself from the web, showing shifts in power in regions, up to date info and news, perhaps some weather patterns, anything you set it to show you about the region or news or global trends, basically. I think that would be rather good.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The Ipad is up there. I can now carry a week's worth of Guardians, and the past year's worth of NMEs and Q Magazines in my man bag with ease.

At 27 I feel wayyy too old to read the NME nowadays. Also, your taste in music (AFAIK) is too good to be reading Q?!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I had to google what that was. The name makes it sound a bit more exciting than what it is

Basically, plugs into my hifi and I can "throw" the audio from my phone to the airport express and voila! the music plays through my stereo without me needing to plug or dock anything.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Sky+
Rice Cooker

Rice cooker most certainly. I was always so shit at cooking rice that i ended buying boil in the bag jobbies or ones you whack in the microwave for a couple of minutes.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Rice cooker most certainly. I was always so shit at cooking rice that i ended buying boil in the bag jobbies or ones you whack in the microwave for a couple of minutes.

I've just never understood that, or people who buy ready-cooked rice - it's the easiest thing in the world to cook perfect every time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here