Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did anyone go to Victoria Road Infants in Shoreham in the 1960s?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I can't help you with this but I occasionally think of a classmate who didn't show up at West Hove Junior School around the same time and was of a similar age. My memory of the actual details are a little hazy but his name was Max Littman and I'm sure he was involved in a collision with a car on Portland Road...RIP

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I can't help you with this but I occasionally think of a classmate who didn't show up at West Hove Junior School around the same time and was of a similar age. My memory of the actual details are a little hazy but his name was Max Littman and I'm sure he was involved in a collision with a car on Portland Road...RIP

Thanks anyway. It was a bit of a shot in the dark, but it obviously affected me a great deal at six years old. Had forgotten about her until the last few days.
It was a different time back then without the internet etc and memories lapse.
We moved from Shoreham to Mile Oak and I ended up going to junior school at Benfield County Primary.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Thanks anyway. It was a bit of a shot in the dark, but it obviously affected me a great deal at six years old. Had forgotten about her until the last few days.
It was a different time back then without the internet etc and memories lapse.
We moved from Shoreham to Mile Oak and I ended up going to junior school at Benfield County Primary.

Not a problem...and yes you're correct about the lack of information....I vaguely recall a school announcement probably at assembly and then we all got on with schoolwork and life...today pupils are offered bereavement counselling etc....different times.

Hope you have some success in finding out more as I would about Max. ..

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Thought I would let users know the power of NSC. I posted this random post over two years ago. Yesterday a lovely lady called Helen got in touch with me after searching the internet and finding this post. She was a class mate of mine and a friend of Janet at Victoria Road Infants School way back when in Shoreham. It seems I was a year or two out and Janet was killed, we believe, in 1964.
She sent me this memory: "My strong memory is the police calling and talking to my parents, and afterwards they told me she'd been in a serious accident. I knew instinctively it was even worse than that and a while later my parents did tell me the truth. Every time I go past the crossing where it happened I think of her, and feel so angry that her life was taken by someone who thought it alright to overtake on a crossing. I get cross too about parking on zig zag lines. Her parents died in recent years, I think it would be fair to say the pain never left them either. You remembered her appearance so well!"
Helen also sent me a photo of her and Janet taken soon before Janet's tragic death. Both Helen and I are approaching our 60th birthdays, so this is a very old memory.
The power of NSC is amazing. Thank you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here