Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lita: Let me start the next game for Albion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Lita: Let me start the next game for Albion[/h] 5:00am Monday 4th November 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2711179.jpg
Leroy Lita celebrates his goal
LEROY Lita has urged Albion’s head coach Oscar Garcia to give him his full debut against Blackburn at The Amex on Saturday.
The on-loan Swansea striker put the Seagulls 2-1 up in the closing stages, two minutes after coming on in Saturday’s 3-1 win at Doncaster.
It was his third outing from the bench since signing until January and Lita is now eager for his first start amid fears about his lack of full match fitness.
The former Reading marksman told The Argus: “The staff have a bit of doubt but I feel fine. When I am on the pitch my mind just takes over anyway.
“I don’t ever feel tired or not match fit. I know you still need your match fitness but you have to get that at some point, so hopefully this week.”
A relieved Lita, 28, has predicted more goals will follow now that he is off the mark for the fifth Championship club he has served on loan.
He said: “Once you get that first goal you are thinking about the next one and the next one. I am just looking forward to scoring plenty of goals.
“I know I can score goals where ever I go so I’ve never had that doubt. Who ever has doubted me it’s up to them. My belief in myself is not going to end until I am 50-years-old and can’t move!”
Lita’s poacher’s strike following a corner was topped and tailed by spectacular long range efforts by Jake Forster-Caskey and fellow substitute David Lopez from a free-kick but 12th-placed Albion’s second victory in ten outings came at further cost to their already depleted ranks.
Right-back Bruno (concussion) and winger Will Buckley (hamstring) were both forced off in the second half.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here