Back in Sussex

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I bet Pardew's having a quiet chuckle .

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The truly sad thing about this story is how excited he was about a really average, on his day, player underperforming in a struggling Championship side.

Newcastle are a ridiculous club. I look forward to seeing them play Palace in March, St James' is an amazing stadium and home to an underperforming club run by a guy CLEARLY on a wind up.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The truly sad thing about this story is how excited he was about a really average, on his day, player underperforming in a struggling Championship side.

Newcastle are a ridiculous club. I look forward to seeing them play Palace in March, St James' is an amazing stadium and home to an underperforming club run by a guy CLEARLY on a wind up.

They did manage to beat Chelsea two nil yesterday. And they occupy a respectful place in the premier league. Is that bad?

D

Deleted member 18477

They did manage to beat Chelsea two nil yesterday. And they occupy a respectful place in the premier league. Is that bad?

Great result. A club the size of Newcastle should be challenging for top 4 every season though... just like the use to do... if they were run better i reckon that could become the norm again...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Great result. A club the size of Newcastle should be challenging for top 4 every season though... just like the use to do... if they were run better i reckon that could become the norm again...

Did they really challenge for the top four historically. In my lifetime, as far as I can remember, they've only done that a couple of times with Keegan and Bobby Robson maybe.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Credit to Pardew for keeping that club on track in the face of Kinnear's buffoonery.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Yep, truly remarkable as results go. Who called it? They have also managed to lose at home to Hull and lose the derby bit generally speaking their start has been decent. Not really the point I was having an attempt at making though.

I agree. Big crowds, massive local interest and undoubted fanbase. Just can't get the infrastructure right, or can't get all the pieces together. Going in the right direction by keeping Pardew on after a tough season, but appointing Kinnear was at least 10 steps backwards.

Did they really challenge for the top four historically. In my lifetime, as far as I can remember, they've only done that a couple of times with Keegan and Bobby Robson maybe.

They flirted with doing so, but they ought to be in a better position to challenge regularly. Bobby Robson got a third place finish in 2003(? Close as makes no difference!). It can be done with Newcastle, but it takes time and everyone working to a specific brief.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'd love to believe this is true but there's so much shit-stirring (justifiably) about Newcastle's attitude to the Press at the moment that it just seems too convenient. Funny though.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

What has the size of a club got to do with it? From the days at the Goldstone I have always hated the big club/big prformance link. Clubs are where they deserve to be based on performance on the pitch regardless of how big the fanbase.

I so want this to be true, that has really made me laugh.

Yep, . Some Clubs are just muggy little c***s aren't they ?:)

"New Crystal Palace defender Florian Marange has claimed he is "disgusted" to learn he cannot play again this year after being left out of their 25-man Premier League squad.

The French left-back signed on a Bosman from Bordeaux on August 14. But the 27-year-old, who signed a one-year contract, was only told of his exclusion from the Premier League squad by a friend who had seen the Eagles list on the internet.

To make things worse, the official website also used a picture of former Girondins teammate Fernando by mistake when announcing his arrival in South London.

The newly promoted club, who signed 16 new players this summer, are already out of the Capital One Cup so Marange cannot play until at least the New Year.

"I am disgusted," he told French newspaper L'Equipe.

If I had known this rule, I would have a clause in my contract. But my advisor did not tell me. And now I am told that it is almost my fault."

The former France Under 21 defender had been chased by Bastia and Italian side Livorno this summer before opting for Palace. He made his debut in the 2-1 Capital One Cup defeat at Bristol City.

"We lost but I was not at fault for the two goals," he said. "I have only had seven or eight training sessions. How can you judge a player after 10 days?"

Marange added: "I have never been presented to the press, I have never had an official photo and I am still waiting for my club suit. I stayed for 15 days in a hotel before finding somewhere to live and the club told me I had to pick up the bill"

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

"New Crystal Palace defender Florian Marange has claimed he is "disgusted" to learn he cannot play again this year after being left out of their 25-man Premier League squad.

The French left-back signed on a Bosman from Bordeaux on August 14. But the 27-year-old, who signed a one-year contract, was only told of his exclusion from the Premier League squad by a friend who had seen the Eagles list on the internet.

To make things worse, the official website also used a picture of former Girondins teammate Fernando by mistake when announcing his arrival in South London.

The newly promoted club, who signed 16 new players this summer, are already out of the Capital One Cup so Marange cannot play until at least the New Year.

If I had known this rule, I would have a clause in my contract. But my advisor did not tell me. And now I am told that it is almost my fault."

The former France Under 21 defender had been chased by Bastia and Italian side Livorno this summer before opting for Palace. He made his debut in the 2-1 Capital One Cup defeat at Bristol City.

"We lost but I was not at fault for the two goals," he said. "I have only had seven or eight training sessions. How can you judge a player after 10 days?"

Marange added: "I have never been presented to the press, I have never had an official photo and I am still waiting for my club suit. I stayed for 15 days in a hotel before finding somewhere to live and the club told me I had to pick up the bill"

Forward this to joe .

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

:lolol: Now THIS is top work, Major. Bravo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here