Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best ITALIAN in Brighton and Hove

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Right then. Having been roundly kicked on the Jamie Oliver thread I now have to admit to another food weakness. If I was asked the best Chinese, Indian, Spanish, Thai, Japanese, French or Modern British in Brighton I could answer easily. But I have just been asked what the best Italian is for a 40th birthday and I honestly haven't a clue. I've never found one in Brighton that was even a 10th as good as the meals I've enjoyed in Rome and Florence. So I don't go to them. Am I missing out? Is there anything fitting the brief that I've missed due to assumption? Over to NSC.......

Jimmy Grimble

Pizza 500 does sensational food.

Not sure it'd be a great location for a 40th though.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Sexy Suzi.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
None of the chains. Fellini in Hove is good, however most Italian restaurants cater to English tastes. I've never found an authentic Italian restaurant, that caters for an authentic Italian taste. The menus I had in Italy, where I've been to a fair few cities were nothing like what you get here. I have an Italian who works for me, and he says there is very little authentic Italian outside of London.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
None of the chains. Fellini in Hove is good, however most Italian restaurants cater to English tastes. I've never found an authentic Italian restaurant, that caters for an authentic Italian taste. The menus I had in Italy, where I've been to a fair few cities were nothing like what you get here. I have an Italian who works for me, and he says there is very little authentic Italian outside of London.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
My favourite is Topolino Duo. I've no idea if they serve the best food or not, but it is an exceedingly friendly place (always packed out on a Saturday) and Angelo (and staff) makes one feel very welcomed.

Jimmy Grimble

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Bella Napoli at the Marina has always been good whenever i've been there

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Jamie's is better than all the others by a country mile IMHO.

Edit: and I didn't see who the OP was. Didn't say it just to wind you up. Jamie's has a more interesting menu and tastier food than elsewhere.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
But if you don't care about authentic Italian and are happy with a nice pizza or a nice pasta, Prezzo is pretty nom. The one in Lewes is anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here