Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crabs...have you ever got them...

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
...at the Marina or elsewhere? Thinking of taking Tarpon Junior crabbing. What are the best spots in Brighton?

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
seriously... went fishing today and was litterd with them at southwick, brighton marina is a sure bet for them or at pebbles by the port in southwick harbour. shallow water aswell so you can see what your trying to catch

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Getting a little late in the year now but still thousands of the blighters up the rivers attacking baits meant for flounders , for ease try southease bridge and turn over the rocks at low tide , or if you mean via the hook and line method same place bait up the hook with some fish bait for non stop crab action .

Another good spot down the seaside is anywhere under the undercliff from brighton to saltdean , for rock turning .

Note the southease area wellies a must the ground is a mix of mud and rock and obviously slippery so take care with the nippers .

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Not local, but Babbacombe bay has a few : crabs.JPG

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
believe it or not Hove Lagoon is full of them. Go to the bigger of the two lagoons and go to the South East corner. Drop a little line with a little net bag with some bacon trimmings in and you will catch loads. Did it there a couple of weeks ago with my kids.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
believe it or not Hove Lagoon is full of them. Go to the bigger of the two lagoons and go to the South East corner. Drop a little line with a little net bag with some bacon trimmings in and you will catch loads. Did it there a couple of weeks ago with my kids.

Oh my ! ....I used to do that in the very same SE corner of The Lagoon about 40 years ago. Only difference is I didn't have a little mesh bag in those days. You just tied a rasher of streaky Bacon on and dunked.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

I saw someone at the lagoon apparently crab fishing that weekend, i thought they must be fuvking mental there are no crabs in the lagoon , obviously wrong on that one then

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I had a friend at school who caught crabs off some local sort and had all the dead ones lined up on his windowsill.

Boys eh?

GypsyKing

Feb 4, 2013
Not crabbing exactly but caught this beauty with its unusual zebra like pattern when down in Rottingdean with my son a few weeks back...

photo (1).JPG

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not crabbing exactly but caught this beauty with its unusual zebra like pattern when down in Rottingdean with my son a few weeks back...

View attachment 48313

That is defffo a Velvet Swimming Crab, lovely to look at but a right nasty piece of work, very fast claw work combined with a fiesty bad attitude, not one for the kids.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Cheers all - Tarpon junior line fished the deeper rock pools just east of the marina with bacon trimmings and had decent crab action (none to be found turning rocks). Will try the other locations too.

image.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here