Votes: 66 65.3%
  • The Duke of Wellington

Votes: 35 34.7%

• Total voters

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Yes that's right, we are now down to the final EIGHT pubs in this tournament to decide who will be crowned number one Brighton pub, and let me tell you there are NO easy games from here on in. Each pub will have to dig deep to make it to the next stage because the competition at this point is seriously tight.

In the first quarter final match up we've got two popular pubs close to Brighton station, so get your votes in for which you'd like to see progress to the quarter finals

PrinceAlbert.jpg

V

DukeWellington.jpg

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I went for the Duke, simply because it's a pub I've frequented for about 15 years. Was always going to be a tall order for it to prevail against the Albert though as that's a pub with a number of dimensions and is one of Brighton's iconic pubs, whereas the Duke is more in the local's local bracket.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Albert is marginally better than the Welly but I don't see it as a favourite, it's had an easy run so far.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
The Albert was actually the most nominated pub to start with. I'll be interested to see how it gets on in the semis when it will come up against either the Nelson or the Battle of Trafalgar.

Anyway, voting is closed in this tie now. Albert through fairly comfortably

Established1982

Jul 30, 2011
Got to be the Welly. If only for Martin the landlord who is a total legend and one of the nicest blokes in Brighton. I'm no relation!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The Albert doesn't deserve to win this. It got shit outdoor areas, it smells inside and they once ruined my Sundays in The Albert for about a year by introducing Reggae Sundays.

2 or 3 huge rasta's stinking of weed playing really depressing, slow Skanky Reggae to a bunch of spotty herberts, wiggas and pencil necked, fat arsed white girls with fringes and geek bins who want to be cool enough to get a 15 inch black cock up 'em. The kind of girls that moved onto doing Burlesque where exceedingly unattractive girls are tolerated in basques and high heels inexplicably.

Kill yourselves now. And they replaced their good, old fashioned roast with some grim, shrivelled up yams, chaumaum, Jerk chicken and plantain. Dry, powdery, and outrageously expensive. A pub roast needs yorkies, beef, gravy, peas. This was a trend that went on in Brighton for a couple of years in the mid noughties and it drew some proper knob 'eds into certain pubs. It made me lose respect for the place once and for all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here