Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ratings v Doncaster (a)

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I see Husty has given some in another thread

Just got in, left my wallet on a bus in Doncaster but aside from that a grand day out.

Kuszcack - 7 Not a lot of questions asked but dealt with most of what came at him tidily.

Bruno - 6 Didn't get tested much in first half, played some decent balls and a few duds.
Greer - 7 Looked solid
Upson 7 - Looked solid
Ward - 7 - Looked solid

JFC - 6 Great goal and started well but faded a lot, wasn't up to it when they were pressuring us after half time.
Crofts - 6 - Workman like
Andrews - 7 - Looked sharp

Conway - 2.5 - Useless, and that was the first time I'd seen him so I was going in without bias.
Buckley - 6 - Very rarely put in a cross, don't remember him once beating a man but did link up well.
Barnes - 8 - Did an unglamorous job very well, won a lot despite their big black center back being all over him. Deserved a goal.

Lita - 8 - Looked lively, a 4-4-2 should be at the very least strongly considered before the next match.
Calderon - 6 - Looked solid.
Lopez - 3 - I went to grab some food when Bruno went down injured so I didn't see who replaced him, took me about 15 minutes to realize he was on the pitch and then I forgot about him again until the free kick, and it was quality but beyond that he offered nothing.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?289515-Back-from-the-match

But figured I'd start a more obviously titled ratings threads or else others might not add their own ratings.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Tomas 6: little to do, difficult to tell if he could have done more for the goal, some passing a bit disturbing.
Ward 7: looks very solid and got forward more than in recent matches.
Bruno 6: a lot better than against Watford, Gave us attacking options on the right
Greer 7: Very assured
Upson 7:: Didn't have much to do but did it well.
Buckley 6: Looked a threat when on the ball but crossing erratic.
Crofts 6: Busy and more prominent than in recent games but did not run the game.
JFC. 6: Great goal, very good first half but faded in second.
Conway 7: Looked a threat and prepared to take on the Donny defence.
Andrews 7: Did the Bridders role well, should have scored in injury time, some excellent blocking
Barnes 8: Ran himself ragged, had lumps kicked out of himself whole game. Led the line well without support until Lita arrived.

Subs:
Calde 4: Looks very slow defensively and too easy for wingers to beat
Lita 7: We looked a much better threat with him and Barnes as a front pair. Clinical finish.
Lopez 7: Super curler!

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Tomas 7: solid
Ward 7: solid against best player on the pitch Duffy
Bruno 5: ok but looks a bit of a liability at times
Greer 7: solid
Upson 7: solid
Buckley 6: looked short of pace as injury confirmed but some good movement
Crofts 8: strong and battled well
JFC. 6: amazing goal but faded
Conway 6: great effort but not much end product
Andrews 6: not as reliable as Bridders, gave the ball away but wasn't atrocious
Barnes 6: not great, not his position up top in his own, much better when Lita came on (I'd score 8 for his last ten minutes)

Subs:
Calde 6: looked better than Bruno
Lita 8: we were a much better side with him on the pitch and Barnes feeding off him
Lopez 6: great free kick but gave the ball away too cheaply

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Kuszczak 7
Ward 7
Bruno 5
Greer 7
Upson 7
Buckley 6
Crofts 7
Forster-Caskey 7
Conway 6
Andrews 6
Barnes 6

Subs:
Calderon 5
Lita 8
Lopez 6

Seaford by the sea

Sep 29, 2008
seaford
Kuszczak 7
Ward 7
Bruno 6
Greer 8
Upson 8
Buckley 6
Crofts 5
Forster-Caskey 6
Conway 6
Andrews 5
Barnes 6 Would have been 7 if not for the flouncing

Subs:
Calderon 6
Lita 7
Lopez 7

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Barnes did look very sorry for himself at the lack of support from the ref. there was much banging of fists on the turf.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Barnes did look very sorry for himself at the lack of support from the ref. there was much banging of fists on the turf.

I don't think I have seen Barnes play a game where he hasn't done that.

Seaford by the sea

Sep 29, 2008
seaford
Like the man said, complaining about every little nudge instead of getting on with the game. For what it is worth I thought the ref was pretty good, didn't fool for any soft enquiries for fouls and only booked Andrews for a hack from behind and a rugby tackle by jfc. Both good fouls, that benefited the team I hasten to add.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Like the man said, complaining about every little nudge instead of getting on with the game. For what it is worth I thought the ref was pretty good, didn't fool for any soft enquiries for fouls and only booked Andrews for a hack from behind and a rugby tackle by jfc. Both good fouls, that benefited the team I hasten to add.

Barnes had another good game yesterday. Some of his frustration was well justified; he was getting climbed on, palmed in the face and pushed all match.

Your criticism of him is wide of the mark.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Anyway, can't be arsed to mark all of them, suffice to say that Upson's role of being last defender meant Greer had to do the marking and interception - for which he was outstanding, so was my MoM.

And the 2.5 for Conway is just plain petty. Some of his defensive work was excellent.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I only caught about 10-15 minutes commentary and followed it on Sky Sports App but I can give ratings if you want?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
OK...

Barnes 0

All that's needed.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Kuszczak 6
Ward 7
Bruno 6
Greer 7
Upson 7
Buckley 7
Crofts 6
Forster-Caskey 6 Magnificent goal; tired quite badly
Conway 7
Andrews 6
Barnes 8 Did his usual amount of hard work; held the ball up well; less "flouncing" than last season; really unlucky not to have scored when his shot hit the post. MoM for me.

Subs:
Calderon 6
Lita 7 Worked hard; looks sharp; nicely taken swivelled goal when presented with the chance.
Lopez 6 Free kick was a thing of beauty. Pretty much invisible otherwise, I fear. Hopefully, he'll kick on from the goal.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here