Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Top Three British Films

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
The Pink panther
Dr. Strangelove
Carry on up the khyber.

Shame I could not choose more as Norman Wisdom and Will Hay deserved to be there, not to mention movies made from TV series

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
1. Lawrence of Arabia.
2. Kes
3. Saturday Night, Sunday Morning

Am I allowed one more?
4. Zulu

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Lawrence Of Arabia
The Bridge On The River Kwai
The Third Man

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Mrs Tarpon agrees with Bridge and would like to add Brief Encounter & Passport to Pimilico

"Brief Encounters of the Stiff Upper Lip Kind" made my shortlist and Ealing classics are too many to choose from. Today my favourite is "The Man In The White Suit"

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Films are so multinational these days, with financing coming from multiple countries, and films being collaborations between production companies that what constitutes a british film is quite contentious (Look at some of the films here: http://www.imdb.com/search/title?countries=gb&title_type=feature&explore=title_type). Having said that, if we're allowing co-UK/USA productions:

Rocky Horror Picture Show
Les Miserables
Batman Begins

Would probably top my list, and I would feel guilty about all the james bond films, all the Richard Curtis films and some other romantic comedies, a fair few musicals and superhero films and others had all missed out.

For thos credited as just UK productions:

Still Crazy
Martha Meet Frank Daniel and Laurence
(I'm really struggling to find films that are just UK. I see one I think is, then see it's another co-production)
Oliver!

Seems weird, they feel like a disappointing trio, but it's surprising how many "british films" are actually co-productions with the US

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The Wicker Man
Trainspotting
A Clockwork Orange

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills