Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Forster-Caskey

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
He has really impressed me in last few games and has scored a stunner by all accounts today.

The result of giving the boy a chance to shine, albeit because of injuries. However, I would like to see stay in the team even after Bridders and Orlandi come back.

An Orlandi/Bridcutt/Forster-Caskey/Buckley seems a great midfield to me

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
He has really impressed me in last few games and has scored a stunner by all accounts today.

The result of giving the boy a chance to shine, albeit because of injuries. However, I would like to see stay in the team even after Bridders and Orlandi come back.

He's weak and loses to ball to often, just because he's scored once dosent make him amazing... There is potential for the future for sure and he will get better don't get me wrong, but for now... Nah

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
He's weak and loses to ball to often, just because he's scored once dosent make him amazing... There is potential for the future for sure and he will get better don't get me wrong, but for now... Nah

I thought he has played really well in last few games that's all. I was not basing this on just one goal but it helps

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

He scored 2 in 4 before his poor game v Newcastle & the ludicrous decision to drop him for a year

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
I'm honestly not saying he's bad I just feel that once we have our full squad again is that there is better, stronger players out there but its gonna be great in the future that's for certain

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Yes, he's gradually establishing himself; Oscar plays him regularly, he's good at winning the ball and rarely loses it.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I really like how he's progressing, he's been tidy if not spectacular. I'm not sure what people expect of him, he's not going to boss games at 19.
He's been doing the simple things well, yes he loses it every now and then but no more than Crofts or Andrews have done (probably less if anything)

If you want young players to develop you have to give them games, he won't be one for the future if he doesn't get the experience now. I'd also like to see JFC rested and Ince given another run of games at some point.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
You forget he's only 19 at times this is the way the club needs to develop home grown talent

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
You forget he's only 19 at times this is the way the club needs to develop home grown talent

Exactly. I think he has been a little more solid than Ince so far. However Ince will come good too I think eventually. Once we are in better health a short loan spell for him in League one would do him good I think(Ince that is)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He's young and he scored an important goal for us today. Good job done son, looks more at the races than Fat Kemy.

Stumpy Tim

He's been excellent every time I've seen him, apart from the Watford game. I was surprised he kept his spot ahead of Ince, but great decision it turned out be. Anyone who think he's going to keep his place when Bridcutt and Orlandi come back is leaving in dreamland though. Crofts has probably been our most consistent player this season (maybe with Upson), so that doesn't leave much space for JFC to fit in

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I thought he was shit against Watford.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'm honestly not saying he's bad I just feel that once we have our full squad again is that there is better, stronger players out there but its gonna be great in the future that's for certain

Blimey

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
He's doing alright and proud to have him . A home grown holding their own in the championship is a brilliant thing.

I'd say this season he is about a 6.8 /10 . I reckon has potential to become an established championship player for next 10 years though .

Can certainly pull the trigger .

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I really like how he's progressing, he's been tidy if not spectacular. I'm not sure what people expect of him, he's not going to boss games at 19.
He's been doing the simple things well, yes he loses it every now and then but no more than Crofts or Andrews have done (probably less if anything)

If you want young players to develop you have to give them games, he won't be one for the future if he doesn't get the experience now. I'd also like to see JFC rested and Ince given another run of games at some point.
Pretty much how I see it.

Fair play to Oscar for giving him so much game time. It's exciting to have a 19-year-old youth team graduate establishing himself in the first team - patience still needed of course, but if he gets 30+ games behind him this season it'll only aid his development for the coming years. And of course the occasional screamer along the way would be most welcome.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Comfortably one of the best players to come through the ranks in my 30 years plus of watching the Albion.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
He's been excellent every time I've seen him, apart from the Watford game. I was surprised he kept his spot ahead of Ince, but great decision it turned out be. Anyone who think he's going to keep his place when Bridcutt and Orlandi come back is leaving in dreamland though. Crofts has probably been our most consistent player this season (maybe with Upson), so that doesn't leave much space for JFC to fit in

Agree that he won't be first choice if we are full strength, but if the plan is to think long term and develop our younger players Oscar will have to rotate and find a way to give them game time.

Gus was never ever going to do this IMHO, he is too selfish and wouldn't risk his own record to give the younger players a chance. Had he been here now I think he would've got a more experienced loan player in rather than risk playing JFC or Ince.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
No doubting his potential! 2-3 years time he'll be amazing. Not quite there yet though, I would rather play Crofts, Andrews, Bridcutt, Lopez (in form) and Orlandi.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here