Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One question and one only concerning Oscar...

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Why doesn't he attend many post press conferences?

I don't mind Jones and he obviously knows his stuff or else he wouldn't be allowed, but I wanna hear from the man himself.

Learning the language maybe?
Alex Fergie style of almost always sending the assistant?
Just his thing?

Great result today!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Only been here 4 months. His English is decent, but he's probably not confident enough to give a decent interview yet.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He doesn't enjoy the limelight and prefers to let his team do the talking on the field? I'm not missing the blame the ref the budget and anything else that springs to mind press conferences after a defeat and a slightly smarmy smug one after a win.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
He doesn't enjoy the limelight and prefers to let his team do the talking on the field? I'm not missing the blame the ref the budget and anything else that springs to mind press conferences after a defeat and a slightly smarmy smug one after a win.

Very true, and the inane questions posed by interviewers don't help matters. Listening to the guy quizzing Garcia pre-match against Watford was painful and cringe-worthy. I mean, the way they ask some of these questions are just bizarre.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Post match interviews appear on Seagulls Player.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Why doesn't he attend many post press conferences?

I don't mind Jones and he obviously knows his stuff or else he wouldn't be allowed, but I wanna hear from the man himself.

Learning the language maybe?
Alex Fergie style of almost always sending the assistant?
Just his thing?

Great result today!

He always does a post match on the seagull player, but he probably feels the time is better spent with the players immediately after the game and just sends out Jones for the first reaction.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He always does a post match on the seagull player, but he probably feels the time is better spent with the players immediately after the game and just sends out Jones for the first reaction.

Maybe this is a Barber ruse to get more people paying for Player?

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008

He also isn't blaming the injuries to players, which our previous manager would have had a field day over.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
He's had a massive fall out with the board and Reading, Fulham and a few other prem clubs want him and his side kick Ego the brave.

He no longer wants anything to do with players, club staff or fans and wants a huge pay off as an out from his contract.

He also wants a frigging big cake and guess what he wants to eat it as well.

Oh sorry did you say Oscar my mistake.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpg
Love the bloke
Not sure if he's suffering from indigestion :) after the game or patting his heart towards the Albion fans after today's game

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He spoke after the Watford game, and his English is now pretty good. Unlike that tosser Pochettino at Southampton, who still needs an interpreter after twice as long in his job. And a crap interpreter at that.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Oscar is a cool dude. Those who say the least become enigmatic and the less they say, the more impressive they become.
OG can speak good English but would rather his team do the speaking, whether they put in a good or bad shift.
Quite right.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont think that his reluctance to take the press conferences is down to his command of the English language as I personally can understand him better than could Gus who was difficult to understand as he became excited.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here