Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is BBC radio Sussex so precious about Prem scores?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When commentating on a Brighton game in the Championship, why does JC go out of his way to apologise for reading out the Premier League scores?

'Oh I know people don't want to know football scores'.
If they didn't want to know the scores why the fook are they listening to the commentary of a freakin football match?
It's not like the two aren't connected.

It's bad enough the 25,000+ fans get short changed leaving The Amex for home matches.
'We'll be back to the Albion in a while, but now over for an in depth interview with the Woking manager'.
:facepalm:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
There used to be a chap who phoned in Harty nearly every week to complain that he did not want to hear the Premier League scores as it ruined Match of the Day. He also complained to BBC Sx head of sport so assume that's why they now apologise

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There used to be a chap who phoned in Harty nearly every week to complain that he did not want to hear the Premier League scores as it ruined Match of the Day. He also complained to BBC Sx head of sport so assume that's why they now apologise
Well someone needed to tell him to stick it up his arse, a long time ago.

Shame on you Harty.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I listened from about 5.20 and they went to Crawley, Woking, Aldershot back to Crawley thought it was a bleedin BHA commentary, turned the feckers off

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Why because there's Five Live and Tok White Van Delco Erectile Disfunction Trade Centre Get in your van lads Spot that should cater for the disfunctional tradesmen that don't do local.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Dave from Hayward's Heath was his name. We were doing the show from Guildford, port vale away and every time that hawsey gave out a score, the stupid sod phoned in to complain!

The radio engineer taking the calls used to wave at us in the studio every time he called in!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
So speaks someone who doesn't understand how public access radio works.

Who was that other Pelican who used to ring in on his walk home from Withdean? Suresh? Never seemed to know who played for us and Didn't seem to be interested in football at all.

Odd.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So speaks someone who doesn't understand how public access radio works.
I was being frivolous.

I don't expect Auntie Beeb to tell anybody to 'stick it up his arse', no matter how much Dave from HH deserves it.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I count Harty among my friends but, dear god, there were some muppets who used to ring in on a weekly basis.

Maybe but Harty's phone in was world beating entertainment compared to what we have now at 5. I just do not want to hear about Woking, Aldershot, or anything from Surrey. To have to wait until 5.45 for Brighton coverage is appalling. OK we did have Bradford Bill on in the first half hour but give me Harty any day.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
to answer the original question
because the good old BBC do not care about anything other than the premiershite

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
to answer the original question
because the good old BBC do not care about anything other than the premiershite
Which is true.

But assuming you have an interest in football, why should the beeb apologise for telling you about other football, while listening to the football.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Dave from Hayward's Heath was his name. We were doing the show from Guildford, port vale away and every time that hawsey gave out a score, the stupid sod phoned in to complain!

The radio engineer taking the calls used to wave at us in the studio every time he called in!

I thought it was Alan Golds from Burgess Hill, I forget what his NSC name was but I think he ended up flipping out and getting banned on here for some offensive posting.

Harty

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought it was Alan Golds from Burgess Hill, I forget what his NSC name was but I think he ended up flipping out and getting banned on here for some offensive posting.

Harty
You should have stopped these people Howard Stern stylee.
At least then any other ***cough*** 'comments' wouldn't have sounded out of place.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
You should have stopped these people Howard Stern stylee.
At least then any other ***cough*** 'comments' wouldn't have sounded out of place.

Got a fantastic idea, why don't you have a nice holiday, sick to death seeing your input on here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here