Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mansell v Senna. Monaco 1992. Now THIS, ladies & gentlemen, is racing..

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Remember that well. Just showed how appalling and pointless the Monaco circuit is if clearly the faster car cannot get past.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Keep to the racing line and no one can pass you in Monaco, not real racing at all, no chance of a pass.

D

Deleted member 18477

Monaco GP is not racing... It's just a parade for the rich and famous...

Spa and Silverstone is racing!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Keep to the racing line and no one can pass you in Monaco, not real racing at all, no chance of a pass.

100% this. I watched that video waiting for some racing to break out, and it never did and never had a chance to do so. Senna blocked, Mansell had no chance of getting by without an error from the other driver. For me, this is the problem with F1. Mansell knew he could do nothing to get through, there was never a chance for him to do so.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Arnoux & Villeneuve at Dijon '79 was a fantastic dice

Yoda

English & European
100% this. I watched that video waiting for some racing to break out, and it never did and never had a chance to do so. Senna blocked, Mansell had no chance of getting by without an error from the other driver. For me, this is the problem with F1. Mansell knew he could do nothing to get through, there was never a chance for him to do so.

I don't think the design of the cars in the early 90's helped either. They were a hell of a lot wider then than they appear to be now. Those cars would take up half the track in Monaco.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't think the design of the cars in the early 90's helped either. They were a hell of a lot wider then than they appear to be now. Those cars would take up half the track in Monaco.

I've always thought it was an inherent flaw with the sport. Not much actual racing going on, the only thing interesting about the sport is when they take the pitstops, how they manage the tyres and how good the drivers' concentration is.

And I consider all of that to be pretty damn boring.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here