Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Horton plans to make life tough [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Horton plans to make life tough[/h]7:00am Saturday 2nd November 2013 in Albion By Brian Owen
2710341.jpg
Brian Horton withDoncaster boss Paul Dickov
Albion legend Brian Horton aims to make life tough for his old club today - as assistant boss at Doncaster Rovers.
The Seagulls head to the Keepmoat Stadium aiming for a second away win of the season.
Doncaster have lost 4-1 at Reading and 4-0 at Middlesbrough recently.
But they beat Leicester 1-0 in their last home match and Horton, who captained the Seagulls in their heyday and later returned as manager, believes Donny are a decent side.
He said: “I watched Brighton’s game against Watford.
“Gianfranco (Zola) said that was a goal – which it was (when Gordon Greer cleared from Fernando Forestieri).
“When we went to Watford they scored from an 89th-minute penalty that should not have been given (for James Husband’s foul a foot outside the box).
“The referee and linesman were reprimanded for awarding it.
“So they say things even themselves out but we have not had many breaks. We are tough to play against. We play good football.
“It’s a game I want to win. Brighton fans will appreciate that because they know what I am like.
“But after what I had with Brighton I will always want them to do well. Their supporters deserve it.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here