Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Messi OR Ronaldo?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Ronaldo has got so much more in his game. I just find it staggering that some claim Messi is the greatest ever

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Messi.

Phenomenally talented and not a cocky wanker.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Both exceptional players, but probably in 27 years of watching football so far, Messi is a strong contender for the best player I've seen in that time. Really if he was to guide his country to the World Cup that would pretty much ensure he ticks all the boxes as one of the very best of all time. His goalscoring record (and indeed Ronaldo's too) is exceptional for someone who is not a conventional centre forward and he has been a game changer in terms of how managers now view the deployment of forwards in their team.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
For me right now, a fully fit Andreas Orlandi. This wish surpasses all else. Those in Europe are academic.
In 5 years time we should all be talking about Makimental, JFC et al from our amazing youth set up.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Tough one. Ronaldo is a much, much, much more complete all round player, but Messi regularly does things that almost no one else can do, and has insane balance. Too close to call for me.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Messi.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Ronaldo.

Had the same scoring ratio from the WING as opposed to messi upfront.

Ronaldo can fit into any team, messi can't.

Both are shit on international stage though, much like gerrard and lampard.

Feb 3, 2013
Ronaldo will win the ballon d'or this year but messi is a few years younger and will win it many more times in the future. By then he will be the best ever

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
The fact Ronaldo is a bell shouldn't detract from his talent. He's a far better all round player as he's two footed, scores from distance and with his head, and at more or less the same rate Messi does too. He is absolutely carrying Real, and has been for years. Messi is brilliant but put me up top in a team with Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas etc and I reckon even I'd score a few. I still find it strange people are so obsessed with Messi, the Spanish League is so weak after the top 4 or 5 teams, at least CR has been dominant in England too.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
The fact Ronaldo is a bell shouldn't detract from his talent. He's a far better all round player as he's two footed, scores from distance and with his head, and at more or less the same rate Messi does too. He is absolutely carrying Real, and has been for years. Messi is brilliant but put me up top in a team with Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas etc and I reckon even I'd score a few. I still find it strange people are so obsessed with Messi, the Spanish League is so weak after the top 4 or 5 teams, at least CR has been dominant in England too.

Have you not seen how much Barcelona struggle to score without Messi?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here