Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Finest Sporting Moment

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Something you did, not watched.

I would say my finest was an innings at number eleven. Worth Abbey had been skittled out for 93. It wasn't a quick surrender, they spent much of their innings, before tea, plodding along.

Lancing u15B found themselves at 72/9 and I was last in, with Bruce Scott, a carrot topped bowler with batting skills absent.

They had all eleven men within the 'circle', but most truly managed to plunder 24 runs to snatch a victory from defeat. Certainly my finest sporting moment, although there were some that came close.

All the other games had finished, so there were a good 200 hundred watching. Bruce and I ran off the pitch, stumps aloft, to be greeted by an almighty bundle.

The buzz of doing something like that in front of thousands must be a hard act to follow.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
50 runs not out in quick cricket during PE last year, teacher stopped me so everyone else could have a go :cool:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Aigburth CC v Liverpool Nalgo, 1990

HKFC 15.4 / 5 / 26 / 9

That was on the Saturday. I took 7-14 on the Sunday.

More wickets in a weekend than I've taken in many subsequent entire YEARS.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And football, it's all about penalties:

A half time pen at the Amex to win £500

A hat-trick, all of pens, in a Sunday cup semi final

The winning penalty to beat Palace, and lift the REMF trophy at the Dripping Pan.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Something you did, not watched.

I would say my finest was an innings at number eleven. Worth Abbey had been skittled out for 93. It wasn't a quick surrender, they spent much of their innings, before tea, plodding along.

Lancing u15B found themselves at 72/9 and I was last in, with Bruce Scott, a carrot topped bowler with batting skills absent.

They had all eleven men within the 'circle', but most truly managed to plunder 24 runs to snatch a victory from defeat. Certainly my finest sporting moment, although there were some that came close.

All the other games had finished, so there were a good 200 hundred watching. Bruce and I ran off the pitch, stumps aloft, to be greeted by an almighty bundle.

The buzz of doing something like that in front of thousands must be a hard act to follow.

Mine would also be cricket related. I took a hat trick in junior cricket but they were all catches in the outfield off my dibbley dobblies so that's not it. My actual proud moment was scoring 40 in a stand of 115 for the first wicket. I am a born number 7 or 8 (or lower) but opened for the seconds as a 'stop gap' when we suddenly had enough players for two Sunday sides. Lots of people get 50s but we have had very few century opening stands in our history.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Football wise, my finest moment was saving a late penalty to secure the title for Fields House.

I say saving, but the Dyke Fields were below sea level, so it hit a puddle and bounced in my direction.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Aigburth CC v Liverpool Nalgo, 1990

HKFC 15.4 / 5 / 26 / 9

That was on the Saturday. I took 7-14 on the Sunday.

More wickets in a weekend than I've taken in many subsequent entire YEARS.

I don't think I have ever taken a five wicket haul. Whenever I bowl, I take at least a wicket or two, but never beyond four. 4-3 are my best figures.

REMF cricket never took off. I wonder if we could arrange something?

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Worthing league football nothing great but kick off ball was touched to me and had noticed the opposition keeper was chatting , just booted it and went straight in. Got a headline (small one) lol scored in 3 seconds

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Shot 3 under par at Royal Eastbourne Golf Club in a scratch medal to win by 2 shots a couple of years ago. Not bad for a 42 year old 5 handicapper:)

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Hole in one at the 6th hole at Lingfield!

Still got the ball ;0)

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
When I was at school I managed to score a bicycle kick from about 25 yards out in lunchtime. The ball clipped the bar as it went in.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mine hasn't happened yet.

I'm still waiting for the NSCer in question to accept the challenge and take the penalties (which I will save).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here